For those curious about srp1.1s

97stoker350

Reaction score
Here's what it looks like inside after it chits the bed and proceeds to take out 2500$ injectors... Needless to say since stealth fell off the face of the earth the lifetime warranty didn't mean Jack so I went with an adrenaline instead. Bought off swamps which is who I do all my business with because they are awesome

Attachments

• IMG_20150714_183348785_HDR.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 189
  • IMG_20150714_183354629_HDR.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 182
  • IMG_20150714_183430875.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 173
  • IMG_20150714_183442025_HDR.jpg
    1,004.5 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_20150714_183338018_HDR.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 172

sootie

Reaction score
what do you think caused it, way too aggressive an angle on the swash plate?

97stoker350

Reaction score
The truck gradually lost power and kept throwing the 1211/1280 can't remember which one. Either way it was losing icp because the truck eventually just stopped running. Turns out there was so much crap in the poppet valves in the injectors it was just dumping oil strait through them. Swamps said there was a literal handfull of metal shavings removed from my injectors

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
Yeah I remember my good ol srp1.1 took a crap on me twice. Needless to say I went with an adrenaline and never looked back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mandkole

Reaction score
Cool.. look at the heat below the buttons. Ive not really seen a stocker to compare but looks like heat and galling

Didn't someone also say earlier that they encountered spring bind?

96F350KID

Reaction score
Srp1.1s are 19* just like another pump everyone uses. Everyone knows I'm a Stealth nut swinger but I had a stocker do that on two seperate customers modded truck. Check your LPOP. Under WOT the HPOP would start to run dry. Considering the 1.1 needs more oil than a stocker or anything close to one it just sped up the damage. Pistons are all scored too like it was ran low on oil. All the material on those are harder than stock components. Gary made them for abuse but not oil starvation.

97stoker350

Reaction score
Well I proceeded to tear down my engine completely and aside from my bearing being shot to chit from some metal getting past the filter I had to tear everything out except for the cam and pistons which were not showing signs of oil starvation nor did the lpop show signs of excessive wear. So I hand polished the crank bought new bearings for rods and mains and put it back together. Running good so far. Holds 40 psi lpo at an aux gauge on the oil cooler plate when hot. 60-70 when cold. Actually I have never seen it fall under 30 under any circumstances.

Sorry if I come off a little irritated. Its probably because I am. For you to say youre a stealth nutswinger leads me to believe you're fkin dumb because 99% of the people on here, Marty customers and swamps say they have had multiple srps fail, Marty has had everyone he's installed come back for one reason or another and swamps down right refuses to sell them to anyone.

96F350KID

Reaction score
I have 90k on 2 of them and a stage 2 that I had got used with a port plate problem. But my 1.1.1 no issues. Sold one to a guy in California and he's beating it with 350s. I'm not backing the product but the failure I don't think was caused by the pump just taking a dump. You have to take oil pressure reading from hpop res. It's the last thing to be fed which is why you wouldnt see an issue down low it was a PITA for me to find. Took 2 solid days to get it to drop. I've sold 200 Srp1.1s NOT SRPs and had 2 with an actual issue. The rest were IPR issues. Most of the calls I got were scared people who formed searched and came up with the ones that blew up and thought they were theres. I still get calls on them for people looking. They are the only single pump that can full feed 350/200s+. Gen 3 from Swamps is the next answer and there is soon to be a final answer here shortly;)

97stoker350

Reaction score
The hpop res and oil cooler get fed equally. There is one path that splits to two paths from the lpop. And the dash gauge works on my truck and it takes the reading from the hpop res and it never reads out of normal. I know its a dummy gauge but if there was no pressure it would read that and it doesn't so I still blame the pump. I have no issues with lpo that I have seen. Also it would drop icp if the hpop was starved and its not doing that either

fyrehose

Reaction score
I have 90k on 2 of them and a stage 2 that I had got used with a port plate problem. But my 1.1.1 no issues. Sold one to a guy in California and he's beating it with 350s. I'm not backing the product but the failure I don't think was caused by the pump just taking a dump. You have to take oil pressure reading from hpop res. It's the last thing to be fed which is why you wouldnt see an issue down low it was a PITA for me to find. Took 2 solid days to get it to drop. I've sold 200 Srp1.1s NOT SRPs and had 2 with an actual issue. The rest were IPR issues. Most of the calls I got were scared people who formed searched and came up with the ones that blew up and thought they were theres. I still get calls on them for people looking. They are the only single pump that can full feed 350/200s+. Gen 3 from Swamps is the next answer and there is soon to be a final answer here shortly;)

Are there any more Stage I, II, or III's around. I still have my stage I and so far so good. Were there ever any problems with these because they were not around very long?

96F350KID

Reaction score
Stage 1 is the same as a SRP. And no, Gary doesn't make any of them anymore. My stage 2 full supplies 350 cc B codes to 3200psi. It's an awesome pump!

m j

Reaction score
The hpop res and oil cooler get fed equally. There is one path that splits to two paths from the lpop. And the dash gauge works on my truck and it takes the reading from the hpop res and it never reads out of normal. I know its a dummy gauge but if there was no pressure it would read that and it doesn't so I still blame the pump. I have no issues with lpo that I have seen. Also it would drop icp if the hpop was starved and its not doing that either

thanks for pics. I will pay shipping for that pump if you want to get rid of it.

dash dummy gauge is like 7psi to read normal.

there are a couple of pics missing that would be helpful.
the metal disc that the feet of the pistons should ride on and the spacer piece.
those pics show the aluminum block being worn away and the feet worn away but not the steel that should be between them preventing that with an oil film.

I agree with 96F350KID on the oil failure.
I thought the srp was supposed to be a stock 17° swash (never measured one)

edit- what oil filter do you run cause I dont want to ever buy them?

Last edited:

96F350KID

Reaction score
Now that I remember I had a few that had tuning calling for 5+ms of PW which has and can empty a HPOP res which would do the same thing on big pumps. Regardless I'm positive that pump was oil starved. Even with issues from SRP pumps that's not one of them. Usually theyou spit guts out from what I seeneed not wear them selfs to death. Time will tell if your next one does it but seeing as the AD pump doesn't put out as much oil I don't think it will.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Weird back in the day I went through 3-4 pumps during testing and never hurt my injectors. Wonder how yours did.

The truck gradually lost power and kept throwing the 1211/1280 can't remember which one. Either way it was losing icp because the truck eventually just stopped running. Turns out there was so much crap in the poppet valves in the injectors it was just dumping oil strait through them. Swamps said there was a literal handfull of metal shavings removed from my injectors

Thats EXACTLY what happened to me. It luckily didnt ruin the first set. I had an issue and pulled them all. By the time I got those injectors back, the stealth pump had trashed a set of good, low mileage injectors. Pulled those, the pump (srp), and drained the oil. I even ran a cleaning brush/cloths down the oil rail by removing the plug in the front.

My pump was waaay more gone though. There was chunks of brass missing. What a ***kin failure.

I have one in my shop that was working when it was removed. Im going to send it to dyno proven and have them fix it.

As this whole issue sits, I never bashed stealth. I told everyone what a piece of junk his pump is and wasnt polite about criticism of that fact. Lot of people who had one that still worked who were ignorant about the possibility.

The joke of 2013.

97stoker350

Reaction score
I don't see how it was oil starved. The only time it would've been spun without adequate oil was on startup when I put my new motor together the first time and I didn't have the pickup on right thus it wouldn't build lpo. So I cranked on it a while and gave up and pulled the motor again, fixed the pickup and everything was fine. But I did only drive it about 1500 miles after that and the pump went bad so maybe that's what did it

Latest posts

Members online