Ford to dodge trans shift linkage adapter question?

Matt_P

Reaction score
Ok I just wanted to start a seperate thread about this to get it figured out, this is the one thing Im not sure of on my whole conversion.

The one thing Im having trouble figuring out is how to adapt the ford auto trans shift linkage to the dodge tranny. I called Fordcummins, destroked and beans and gos performance who are dealers for destroked but none of them make an adapter.

Gos told me they make something in house for it but he hasnt explored selling it yet unfortunately.

I know plenty of guys have made this work so Im just looking for some guidance on what I have to do for this?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

suprhlr

Reaction score
What I did was take the dodge mount that bolts to the trans and used that as the base, then took a piece of square tubing and machined it to snap the ford cable into. the tubing was welded to the dodge mount once I had it fit and spaced correctly. Here is a pic. not a real good view but you can kind of see it. If its not clear I'll see if I can get a better view of it for you
458.jpg

Matt_P

Reaction score
Thank you! Thats definitely a huge help! If you could possibly get another angle or two for a picture Id appreciate it!

Matt_P

Reaction score
Isn't your truck in an engineer's shop. Just sayin.

Haha yes it is, but we had thought maybe somewhere made this part and it wasnt until today that I investigated more and found out that was not the case and I havent talked to Jason today. Plus he is very busy so I figure if I can get a basic idea of what I have to do then I can show it to him and we can figure out how to go from there, just to save some time.

genuineford

Reaction score
I will probably be figuring out the same thing this summer. I am planning a 12v swap into my obs that has a 460 in it now. I just need to locate a 47rh trans.

BFinMO

Reaction score
I will shoot some pics for you tonight when I get home. It is a GOS.

Matt_P

Reaction score
I will shoot some pics for you tonight when I get home. It is a GOS.

That would be great, thanks I appreciate it!

I will probably be figuring out the same thing this summer. I am planning a 12v swap into my obs that has a 460 in it now. I just need to locate a 47rh trans.

Oh nice! Ill keep an eye out for a trans for you

I took a couple more pics for you, not the best views but hopefully you get the idea

Thank you for taking those! thats a huge help!

BFinMO

Reaction score
Sorry I hit a big detour when I walked in the door last night so I will shoot some tonight. But here is a write up I did on the reverse lights FYI. hopefully it will help:

...............On the 48RE there is a 6 port plug on the lower drivers side, first pic, that will provide the signal wire for making them work. I T-taped into the Tan/Green tracer wire and ran it to a relay in the engine compartement.

The other necessary wire is on the Ford harness. By following the rear harness from the back of the truck into the engine compartment one will find two plugs, one black and one gray. On the gray 12 port plug, one will find a Black/Pink tracer wire, that is the feed wire. See second pic..........

EDIT: I fused the 12V link to the battery with a 7.5A fuse.....

Sorry if this is considered a HyJack....

4b1450a2.jpg

aa4a503b.jpg

Matt_P

Reaction score
Sorry I hit a big detour when I walked in the door last night so I will shoot some tonight. But here is a write up I did on the reverse lights FYI. hopefully it will help:

...............On the 48RE there is a 6 port plug on the lower drivers side, first pic, that will provide the signal wire for making them work. I T-taped into the Tan/Green tracer wire and ran it to a relay in the engine compartement.

The other necessary wire is on the Ford harness. By following the rear harness from the back of the truck into the engine compartment one will find two plugs, one black and one gray. On the gray 12 port plug, one will find a Black/Pink tracer wire, that is the feed wire. See second pic..........

EDIT: I fused the 12V link to the battery with a 7.5A fuse.....

Sorry if this is considered a HyJack....

4b1450a2.jpg

aa4a503b.jpg

Thats definitely a help too thanks!

Matt_P

Reaction score
Ok one more question, what did you guys do for a tranny crossmember? Did you just modify the stock one?

Also Jason did you decide to have a little fun with my avatar?

Latest posts

Members online