Ford to dodge trans shift linkage adapter question?

Matt_P

Reaction score
LOL - I figured you were a fighting man after the stories from Thursday night....

LOL LOL I figured that would be the reason for the change

lolz - love it...... should of made it a Graham cracker though.

That just made me laugh for a good 5 minutes, LOL where is my fueled by haters sticker and tapout shirt LOL

LOL..... open to suggestions next time.

:D

36d393e9-c319-45d2-bfaa-f8cd45046337.jpg

Awesome, Im glad Im able to provide good entertainment LOL :toast:

suprhlr

Reaction score
Ok one more question, what did you guys do for a tranny crossmember? Did you just modify the stock one?

Also Jason did you decide to have a little fun with my avatar?

I used the ford crossmember, moved it forward 1 set of holes on the frame. I had to slot the holes in it to use the dodge rubber mount. I made an aluminim spacer (I think 1 1/4" thick) in place of the one that bolts to the trans. This is the best pic I could find of it Matt, hope it helps
fumminssuperdutyproject067.jpg

Matt_P

Reaction score
I used the ford crossmember, moved it forward 1 set of holes on the frame. I had to slot the holes in it to use the dodge rubber mount. I made an aluminim spacer (I think 1 1/4" thick) in place of the one that bolts to the trans. This is the best pic I could find of it Matt, hope it helps
fumminssuperdutyproject067.jpg

Yeah that definitely helps! I was hoping I could get away with moving it that one set of holes forward and modifying it a little. Thanks again for the pictures and help I really appreciate it!

Matt_P

Reaction score
What I did was take the dodge mount that bolts to the trans and used that as the base, then took a piece of square tubing and machined it to snap the ford cable into. the tubing was welded to the dodge mount once I had it fit and spaced correctly. Here is a pic. not a real good view but you can kind of see it. If its not clear I'll see if I can get a better view of it for you
458.jpg

Hey I got one last question for you, What size fittings did you use to go into the trans for the cooler lines and also what size are the the anodized 90s that you used off those fittings for the cooler lines as well? Thats one of the last things I need to order.

Thanks!

suprhlr

Reaction score
The fittings into the trans are just a pipe thread, can't remember for sure but I think 3/8 NPT, and I just used 8 AN fittings and braided line. Aeroquip makes a nice push lock series of fittings and line that is a lot cheaper than the ones I used

Latest posts

Members online