From lifted to stock/leveled?

MaxdLaw

Reaction score
Hey fellas right now my Harley truck sits at an 8 inch rough country with 20x12s and 37 mud grapplers. I think my old man is starting to show. I'm thinking about going down to stock height or a leveling kit with some nice soft shocks and springs and some 33" all terrains. Maybe even a muffler too. Has anyone else gone from lifted to lowered? Do you miss sittin up high? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Squat and Poot

Reaction score
went from the 4.5" in my avatar to a 2.5" on stock tires. Eventually go 22x10s with some AT tire. My exhaust is the 5" flo-pro with the straight through muffler. Sounds great and still roars at WOT

I haven't regretted it at all due to the truck being my DD and seeing about 40k miles a year. I can park in garages now too. I'm done lifting trucks unless it was a toy and not my dd.

MaxdLaw

Reaction score
went from the 4.5" in my avatar to a 2.5" on stock tires. Eventually go 22x10s with some AT tire. My exhaust is the 5" flo-pro with the straight through muffler. Sounds great and still roars at WOT

I haven't regretted it at all due to the truck being my DD and seeing about 40k miles a year. I can park in garages now too. I'm done lifting trucks unless it was a toy and not my dd.

True. I put miles on mine like crazy. Finally crossed over 100.

Squat and Poot

Reaction score
Im at 104k LOL

Being in a cool lifted truck is fun, no doubt. It just made more sense to me to have a nice leveled truck I could drive everyday.

MaxdLaw

Reaction score
Im at 104k LOL

Being in a cool lifted truck is fun, no doubt. It just made more sense to me to have a nice leveled truck I could drive everyday.

True. Maybe next time around. Plus rough country isn't exactly the smoothest ride

TripleE44

Reaction score
I think you'd be surprised what a more road friendly set of tires and a better coil and shock setup would do even at the height you're at. A properly set up lift doesn't have to be a beating driving it compared to a leveled/stock height truck.

My last truck had a 7'' PMF kit with Icon shocks and springs, and it rode great. I went with just a 3.5'' lift this time, and I miss the height a lot of the time and I'll do it again when I get a taller garage. The only time I don't is when I get it under my garage to avoid the hail damage.

I'm also the person that just would rather be up higher than everyone else. It just makes me feel more secure and I like it more. I daily drove my truck on 7'' and 37s and I drive about 500 miles a week. Unless your body is giving up on you and its hard for you to get in, I don't see why it would be bad to daily drive.

MaxdLaw

Reaction score
I think you'd be surprised what a more road friendly set of tires and a better coil and shock setup would do even at the height you're at. A properly set up lift doesn't have to be a beating driving it compared to a leveled/stock height truck.

My last truck had a 7'' PMF kit with Icon shocks and springs, and it rode great. I went with just a 3.5'' lift this time, and I miss the height a lot of the time and I'll do it again when I get a taller garage. The only time I don't is when I get it under my garage to avoid the hail damage.

I'm also the person that just would rather be up higher than everyone else. It just makes me feel more secure and I like it more. I daily drove my truck on 7'' and 37s and I drive about 500 miles a week. Unless your body is giving up on you and its hard for you to get in, I don't see why it would be bad to daily drive.

That is true. Being im still young and in school (20 next week) I don't know if I wanna pay that big. But true.

VetteD_SiN

Reaction score
im gonna agree that i like the feel how it was when it was low. gonna end up buying my wife a new king ranch and probably just level it off and do some 20x12 forces. even though i miss the feel i cant see me dropping back down from 8" to stockish height.

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
I only leveled mine instead of 4.5" + lift because of this specific reason. With my new job I'm going to put 50 or so miles on the truck a day so leveling kit and 35" A/T Toyo's was perfect. I'm getting about 16.5mpg combined driving stock, so may have to ****** to get better-than-stock mpgs.

MaxdLaw

Reaction score
It looks like to do everything right (shocks, tires, gears) will be about 3 grand. Hmm

MaxdLaw

Reaction score
645ca628ead9f2caaa7052e3ecf0ed62.jpg

The struggle of being wide at school

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
I leave my junk stock, but I gotta admit... your truck looks pretty slick man!

It's just rare that I drive a lifted truck that I actually like the ride on :(

VetteD_SiN

Reaction score
just get yourself a small little daily! thats what i did. your truck is sick just like that.

Latest posts

Members online