fuel pump fuse keeps blowing

cutthroatxxx

Reaction score
Ok to make sure Im on the right path I need 1/8 npt fitting off of guzzlers page?Will napa have one?Do I need a hose with a certain fitting to fit into it & what gauge set up should I get?I have a gauge to hook up to set fuel air mix @ carb & gauges for my air tools,paint guns etc.None of those Im sure will.work.

mandkole

Reaction score
If you have a 0-100 gauge with a 5-6' fuel hose assy that has the needed pipe threads, it will work. You could use push on hose/fittings, etc. what ever the NAPA has. Get your multimeter as well and a test light for the wiring that you'll be tracing also.

A power wire in the circuit thats rubbing on steel will kick the fuse. The power wire goes up to the interia switch and then to the fuse (then to the relay thats triggered by the PCM). Has anyone seen the interia sw act up?

Use google and you can find other wiring schematics for the truck also.

Attachments

• FuelElectrical.jpg
    FuelElectrical.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 31

cutthroatxxx

Reaction score
Sorry I havent updated ya guy's.Im on tons of forums & they sure make life easier as there is so many knowledgeable guys like you all willing to help which usually allows the person to get the job done&I hate when someone.solves the problem & never posts back.So heres where Im @ my problem is 50% resolved.This f‰≠©†¿g truck almost killed me!The reason why Im just now posting back is that sat nite while working on here I had a stroke it wws like a massive seizure thst I was awake through the whole time.Thought I was outta here just waited but Im here.Anyways turns out a small part of wire was exposed & when truck would bounce it would short out on break line..like.someone.suggested.But power is still so so...brb ohones gonns dir

cutthroatxxx

Reaction score
But the truck.still fells sluggish.It will start 1st time but you have to let it warm up for a few mins before you can rev the motor over 2 k is that normal?Also it feels strange between 20-30 but once your really shes really rolling.The icp does have oil in it I will pick up a new 1.The ebps behind the belt I unplugged..itsnt therr another 1 somewhere?Is it possible cleaning this could help with my power problem.Also if I unplug icp white smoke rolls out of echaust.Whats up with that?Thanks fellas

mandkole

Reaction score
Good to hear the progress and keeping it running--good job. Did you get fuel pressure confirmed to be sure? The ebpv on the turbo has a plug that on the drivers side of the valley under the intake right by the turbo. You unplug that to disable it-- you will hear a whooshing sound and momentary feel power loss when its closed. (Plug back in what you unplugged before behind the belt. )

You also need to get the truck on a scanner, get some data from the systems and pull codes. The ICP sensor could be on its way out, but they do work with oil in them. Its very possible that you have some ICP loss issues (failing IPR/Injector orings) or tired injectors. With the truck being as new as it is to you, continue learning about it and that scanner data is important to eliminate issues and focus on others.

bruce

Reaction score
I've read that a restricted fuel pick up can cause icp issues like a 1211 code. As you keep giving it throttle, since fuel pressure is low, the power reaction the PCM wants to see won't be there so it keeps ramping up ICP to make up the difference. If you have a vacuum gauge hook it up to in the inlet of the pump, shouldn't be over 6ins of mercury. Could be somethin, could be nothin

Arisley

Reaction score
What you unplugged up front sounds like the back pressure sensor. Completely different from the EBPV sensor. I would change the ICP sensor. Then like mandkole said, get it scanned. Glad you found the short.

cutthroatxxx

Reaction score
I've read that a restricted fuel pick up can cause icp issues like a 1211 code. As you keep giving it throttle, since fuel pressure is low, the power reaction the PCM wants to see won't be there so it keeps ramping up ICP to make up the difference. If you have a vacuum gauge hook it up to in the inlet of the pump, shouldn't be over 6ins of mercury. Could be somethin, could be nothin
I Have a needled vacuum.gauge

Latest posts

Members online