Fuel setup?

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
buy the pump if u have money and keep in stock in ur garage lol... and the RR... did u talk to one of the vendors from ford for the pump...?

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
Just do the Regulated Return Kit for Piece of mind. To me it doesn't sound like a fuel pump problem, Vivian's tunes have heavier fueling causing the drop in pressure. For instance, I was using canned SCT tunes and my fuel pressure never dropped below 65lbs, idling at 71-72 (with the blue spring). Just recently I tried a wild race tune, on a light acceleration it would drop to 65lbs, and a WOT run it would drop to 48lbs.

Joshbaker

Reaction score
yea going to get the RRK from Dennis as soon as he has one in stock. One last question though. with the FP drop problem can i still run it on the dyno? i just really want to know what its at bad. but if its going to ruin something its not worth it. what say yall?

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
You can...but if the pressure drop is bad enough it my hurt your numbers.

Fat fingered on my iPad...not responsible for typos!

Joshbaker

Reaction score
Yea pressure dropped to 30ish psi and i only got 340hp on the dyno. Going to be interesting when i can run vivians looney wild track and really let er eat.

Joshbaker

Reaction score
So im still racking my brain on this situation. I understand what the RRK does and why its needed but i dont understand how its going to "create" fuel pressure or flow (not sure which one i need) to keep the pressure at 60+ psi? I know yall have explained it and re explained it but i just dont understand sorry. Not saying im not going to run it I just still think for some reason im going to end up running it and still need to upgrade the stock pump.

I have done a lot of reading on fuel setups and dont really want to get rid of the AD100. I am thinking of running it with something like an airmotive pump or fuel lab pump. I dont understand how we can run a pump that only puts out 45psi fuel pressure?

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply, just saw this.

The pump doesn't make pressure, it makes volume (gallons per hour). A restriction in the line (fuel pressure regulator) creates pressure. If the pump doesn't move enough GPH to satisfy the needs of the injectors (8 leaks or drains on the system) AND accommodate any other "leakage" in the system (crappy stock poppet valve regulator for example), the pressure will not be remain at the desired level.

The reason going to an RRK improves pressure, even with the stock pump, is because the regulator in the RRK doesn't leak like that POS poppet in the stock setup. I don't care how stiff the spring is, if fuel leaks around the poppet, you are losing pressure.

There are other factors that alter the fuel pressure at the injectors when comparing the stock fuel system to the RRK as well.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
If your stock fuel pump is in good working order, with the AD100 feeding it, it should. There are variables that make it impossible for me to guarantee that, since 190s are at the edge of where we recommend staying with the stock pump.

04stroker

Reaction score
Josh I would take Dennis' advice and stay with stock pump being it is the most reliable pump you can buy and if it does go out on you maybe even on the road stock pumps are pretty readily available. A1000 not so much. I have had several trucks with bone stock fuel system with the exception of a regulated return easily maintain pressure up to 190/100's. I would keep your AD100 and your stock pump (maybe a new stock pump if yours is tired) and with your Sump and a RRK I don't see how you couldn't hold pressure in any way. No reason to ditch the AD100 even if it goes bad it will not leave you stranded. Plus it is making your stock pumps life easier, and provided air removal and extra filtering for your injectors.

Dieseljunkie

Reaction score
Hey guys not to hijack here, but I jhave a question. my fuel pressure at idle is 65ish and at wot with srl+ loaded it drops to about 40-42ish. Would a RR help fix this? My truck has 122,xxx miles on it. Im about to do head gaskets again so would it also be benificial to go ahead and put one on while the engine is out? Thanks guys.

04stroker

Reaction score
Hey guys not to hijack here, but I jhave a question. my fuel pressure at idle is 65ish and at wot with srl+ loaded it drops to about 40-42ish. Would a RR help fix this? My truck has 122,xxx miles on it. Im about to do head gaskets again so would it also be benificial to go ahead and put one on while the engine is out? Thanks guys.

Yes it would. I would do it when you do your head gaskets. The install is much much easier that way.

Latest posts

Members online