Fuel system discussion

simonton6.4

Reaction score
Ok so might be beating a dead horse with this thread. I know Y'all touched heavily on big fuel setups but what about smaller setups like what can a stock hpfp handle and what's the best mods to make it hold rp and last? Thanks

simonton6.4

Reaction score
U don't think like 30s would be ok or am I just setting myself up for failer and gonna ruin the hpfp? What's the best mods for a stock hpfp I have a ad and that's it on the fuel side?

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Bottom line is that if you have stock hpfp stay with stock nozzles. There is no mods for the stock hpfp as we speak of to date.

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
That would depend on what the end goal is based on JD's graphs with the 60's. The 60's come on sooner but peter out up top hp wise. I think it would make a good tow set up if the egts stayed reasonable. Granted I will be installing tp's to help with that.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
That would depend on what the end goal is based on JD's graphs with the 60's. The 60's come on sooner but peter out up top hp wise. I think it would make a good tow set up if the egts stayed reasonable. Granted I will be installing tp's to help with that.

That's a good point.

From a labor stand point not worth opening the valve covers to do so.

I will say I would like to.see the same test Jd did with a bigger nozzle

simonton6.4

Reaction score
Sorry I didn't mean mods for the hpfp but I ment like supporting mods like a boil delete or does that really do anything and stuff like ported fr do they do anything I know probably no one has spent the money or time to just try the ported fr but in y'all's oppentions is it worth doing or is it a waist or time and money or is it gonna hurt say someone like me that doesn't have a big or dual pump
Sorry if I'm derailing this thread trying to get some good info on the fuel side of things

jdgleason

Reaction score
Fuel bowl delete and stuff probably wont net you much at all. Unless you want to go to dual pumps, I say leave the fuel system alone.

00Powerstroke

Reaction score
Anyone ever built there own LPFS for their 6.4? I been searching to try and find something but have yet to find any threads. I want to build something like elites stage 2 kit but i doubt they will send me the plans for it so i can construct it myself lol.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
I have built my own. A few more people are starting to as well. Basic run down of mine for single pump: Supply side: -8 line from fass to regulator. -8 from regulator to pump. Return side: from motor back to tank: 3 90* -6 male end by 12mm x 1.5 fittings for both heads and pump returns. Run down to frame rail and connect using 2 -6 nitrous Ys. Take single line through frame mounted cooler and back to tank. Fass return is returned into fuel fill neck. I used all braided hose. All can be purchased from summit

SLO DZL

Reaction score
I have built my own. A few more people are starting to as well. Basic run down of mine for single pump: Supply side: -8 line from fass to regulator. -8 from regulator to pump. Return side: from motor back to tank: 3 90* -6 male end by 12mm x 1.5 fittings for both heads and pump returns. Run down to frame rail and connect using 2 -6 nitrous Ys. Take single line through frame mounted cooler and back to tank. Fass return is returned into fuel fill neck. I used all braided hose. All can be purchased from summit

Do you remember about how much of the braided hose you used?

blk350on20s

Reaction score
I think you could get away with 15' of -8 and 25 ft of -6. Id prolly get 30 of 6 and 20 of 8 though

Super08Duty

Reaction score
This is what I'm using, thanks to Ryan. Temps so far have stayed reasonable. Cooler definitely works, don't put your hand on it after driving for a while, because its using those heat ribs.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363802144.136531.jpg

00Powerstroke

Reaction score

What did you use for a regulator? I was thinking of using an aeromotive pump rather then fass or airdog which would mean i would need filter bases. If i do end up building my own i think im gonna run a sump as well instead of dealing with a drawstraw.

09stroker

Reaction score
That's how I did my system. Sump to water separator to A-1000 to 2 micron filter to reg. connected to the regulator is the pump feed, the injector and pump return and obviously the return back to tank. Return has a cooler like shown above. Sump to regulator is all -10 and pump feed and return is -8. The injector return was -6.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.