Fuel system discussion

Wemoy1

Reaction score
Since this is a fuel system discussion I have a question. I bought elites airdog upgrade kit and I know it doesnt have instructions but I think I can figure it out. My question is does anyone know what the fitting are in the heads for the return lines. I want to run braided line from the heads and from the fuel pump and then to the elite regulator. I am not good at AN fittings. Has anyone done this or have an idea of if it will work properly? Im not wanting to run with the fuel cooler
Thansk

00Powerstroke

Reaction score
Last edited:

00Powerstroke

Reaction score
Look in the library section. There's one in there.

Thanks, I got it! Now would you run both the head return line and the k16 return line to the return port on the regulator? Wouldn't you want to return it to the tank to help cool it? I am planning on deleting the fuel cooler and fuel bowl.

Crack85

Reaction score
Thanks, I got it! Now would you run both the head return line and the k16 return line to the return port on the regulator? Wouldn't you want to return it to the tank to help cool it? I am planning on deleting the fuel cooler and fuel bowl.

Return to tank...returns don't need to be regulated.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Not totally true essentially regulating the return will set the inlet fuel pressure.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Think of it as a big loop.

Pressure is just the resistance to flow. If your flow isn't enough you won't make any pressure. If you don't make any furl pressure and a regulator to the supply side is only going to make things worse. Since you are just adding another restriction to the inlet side.

Now if you move the regulator to the return side you have now backed the system up from the return side and now you will have pressure from the pump to the regulator. Which now puts pressure on the inlet side as well.

In my opinion tho all you have done is band aided the problem. If you have a pump that flows enough fuel to make its own pressure off only the restriction of the return fuel fittings ect you are better off. It's just harder to regulate pressure and Keep it consistent

00Powerstroke

Reaction score
Think of it as a big loop.

Pressure is just the resistance to flow. If your flow isn't enough you won't make any pressure. If you don't make any furl pressure and a regulator to the supply side is only going to make things worse. Since you are just adding another restriction to the inlet side.

Now if you move the regulator to the return side you have now backed the system up from the return side and now you will have pressure from the pump to the regulator. Which now puts pressure on the inlet side as well.

In my opinion tho all you have done is band aided the problem. If you have a pump that flows enough fuel to make its own pressure off only the restriction of the return fuel fittings ect you are better off. It's just harder to regulate pressure and Keep it consistent

So do you think an a1000 is a good enough pump to make its own pressure enough that I could regulate it from the return side and keep it simple? If so, at what pressure should i regulate the return side?

dommel01

Reaction score
12 x 1.5 iirc. I may have both a -8 and -6 fitting here at the garage if you need one.

does anyone know if this is the right size fitting for the hpfp? getting ready to fun the fuel lines for my diesel dr dual fuelers

smokinstroker

Reaction score
So bumping this back up. Anyone ran a 15% on a stock hpfp? I know a few people have seen that as long as you have rail press. even with lowering the pulse width you can pick up hp...

B585Ford

Reaction score
So bumping this back up. Anyone ran a 15% on a stock hpfp? I know a few people have seen that as long as you have rail press. even with lowering the pulse width you can pick up hp...

I will let you know in a few weeks. My truck will go under the knife next week and since I don't have the funds to duals and pistons this time around, I will be doing Marty's kit, deleting the fuel bowl and running 15% nozzles. I do plan to do Morgan's duals when I can do pistons.

Latest posts

Members online