Gearhead vs innovative mcc tunes

W8KSK8

Reaction score
I just aquired a minimaxx and looking for the best tunes for a 2014 Powerstroke? Did some searching and I see a lot of people are running gearhead and say they love them and I have seen people running innovative and they say they love theirs too; what are the differences, if any, between the two?. Just looking to find out which is the best for a daily driver and the safest for my stock turbo/stock trans and overall best reliability??

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
I have Gearhead as well, good power and the transmission is stock like with normal driving and perfect when you step on it. My tunes are written to compliment the 15 retro fit turbo. I can only compare to SPE Hot X tuning and not Innovative though.

Keith

Jassman

Reaction score
I have Innovative tunes and couldn't be more satisfied. On my 15 I have DPF on and am very pleased with the power, shifting, and response to throttle. I have had a few others over the years, and customer service always must play a part in the over all picture. What really matters is everyone always wants the most amount of power..bottom line is.. the amount of power made and getting you through the gears to get that power to the ground...safely. Good Luck.

Last edited:

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
If anything, the H&S box tuning gave me back what I lost to lift/tires if that? I did get another mpg with custom tuning if that's what you're after? I don't really track every tank, normally just on road trips.

Keith

theplumber

Reaction score
I have Innovative tunes and couldn't be more satisfied. On my 15 I have DPF on and am very pleased with the power, shifting, and response to throttle. I have had a few others over the years, and customer service always must play a part in the over all picture. What really matters is everyone always wants the most amount of power..bottom line is.. the amount of power made and getting you through the gears to get that power to the ground...safely. Good Luck.

Do you have a lot of regen? And do you have a EGT probe? I want innovative tune cause i want to leave my DPF on but there is no way to check the EGT whit my livewire TS+ .

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Have any of you ran the canned H&S tunes before switching to Gearheads? Looking for what MPG gains you saw.

I had about 6 months on the H&S tunes and I have about 4-1/2 months on the Gearhead tunes now. Way better tunes with the Gearhead. As far as mileage goes, it went down on the street tunes. I just switched to the performance a couple of weeks ago so we will see how it goes but things are looking up.

Reaction score
op- hit me up if I can set you up with mcc and tunes !

Listen to this guy OP! He hooked me up last week with this deal. Its cheaper to go through him than anywhere else. Plus its a one stop shop which makes it easier. Also, I had a lot of questions about how to do the whole MCC thing as I had never done it before, and Mike took the time to go over everything before I even got the unlock or the tunes. Go this route, you wont regret it!

And thanks again Mike!! Ill be getting that EGR delete from you soon enough :toast:

theplumber

Reaction score
Both a Great tune. I had the gearhead tune on my 2014 and it was very great tune for deleted truck. Now on my 2015 i have innovative Diesel tune and its solid tune. The only bad thing is the 15 don't shift on the fly !!! And when you have mix driving it's very nice to shift on the fly !!!

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Dalpilot

Reaction score
Eric at innovative has been tuning wverything I own for 12 years. He has never missed a beat. I am running hus DPF off tunes now qnd the truck is a beast and shifts perfect, very time. I have nit run gearheads tunes but I have nver had a problem on any vehicle using innovativea. Just my .02

08sixfour12

Reaction score
Gearhead. I have the tow, street and hot street tunes for my truck, currently running it on the hot street - it runs amazing. Defiantly go with Gearhead, they are also very easy to work with!

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
Eric at innovative has been tuning wverything I own for 12 years. He has never missed a beat. I am running hus DPF off tunes now qnd the truck is a beast and shifts perfect, very time. I have nit run gearheads tunes but I have nver had a problem on any vehicle using innovativea. Just my .02

I agree. I have been running his tuning since '06 on my old 6.0 with great results. This truck is running great and I wouldn't have it any other way.

04redcrew

Reaction score
whats the hot street? Im running gearhead tunes now and didnt know anything about hot street. Maybe i have it because i cant tell much of a difference from street to performance

sootie

Reaction score
whats the hot street? Im running gearhead tunes now and didnt know anything about hot street. Maybe i have it because i cant tell much of a difference from street to performance

She has a six four so it is different tune names than a 6.7