Getting rid of whistle

cjfarm111

Reaction score
Yes they are spendy but I just bought the muffler and put it in where the stock muffler is located

Merc82

Reaction score
Is it the Banks 53801? 'Spensive Lil sucker. If it does better than what I got I would buy it. Just hate to be disappointed after dropping that on a muffler.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Not happening unless I get a KC stage 2, which is just as loud. This turbo tows great, spools fast and keeps egt's low enough I don't really have to pay attention to that Guage while towing my 13.5k fiver

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thats all that really matters. That turbo fets a bad rap, but i think they are damn good until you try to pour a bazillion gallons of fuel over them. We have a shop truck running one and 190/30s and its even got 75s now. It works great in every tune under the race file on the street.

Reaction score
Thats all that really matters. That turbo fets a bad rap, but i think they are damn good until you try to pour a bazillion gallons of fuel over them. We have a shop truck running one and 190/30s and its even got 75s now. It works great in every tune under the race file on the street.
My eventual plans are to put 175-190/30s in the truck, and will probably do intake manifold and elbow as well just to help with egt's, and possibly pair it with a KC stage 2. Life goals lol, for now this thing runs great, and serves the purpose I bought it for, and actually exceeds my expectations for how well it pulls the 5er. I'd really like to do one of these cams everyone raves about, but I'm sure that's too labor intensive if it's the only thing I'm doing in there. Probably won't touch the injectors till I have to

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yep. They work pretty damn good right out of the box. Truck and the parts you mentioned.

Merc82

Reaction score
I loved my old Powermax on my stock injectors and good tuning, probably would run just as good with the 190/30s. It really was a great turbo, but KC is just as good.

JMart

Reaction score
I loved my pmax too, but I never had an issue with the whistle either. It comes with the territory.

cRaZy8

Reaction score
I run 2 dynomax bullets and run and open vane at idle tune, it helps, but definitely doesn't cut it.

Chris beat me to it.
Before I got rid of my MTW St2, I ran open vane tune and this muffler ^^^.
It helped a lot, but wasnt perfect.

Drop in a T4 kit......ZERO whistle.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.