Goin' Low - Thanks to DJM!

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
Just a different stack. A short Aussie or miter. It looks out of place for some reason now.

Sent from my x2 chillin in the middle of no where

An Aussie or Mitre would definitely look better than a 5" turnout. 6" mitre. Or a shorty 5" mitre could be cool as well.

Garrett

probably getting paid at work to post this from my bionic

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Looks awesome Bill! Can't wait to see it in person. Maybe a ride, maybe? I'll bring some -20* windshield washer fluid.

2006.1f250

Reaction score
Big Bend Open Road Race. - http://www.bborr.com/

Of course, that is providing we got our entry form in fast enough. Only 160 slots open and people were faxing at 12:01 AM. I'm hoping we get in, but they haven't released the list yet. We'll see....

Put in to be a volunteer this year. I've been trying to make this race for the last few years, but work seemed to get in the way. Hopefully I'll see you out there. By the way, the truck is looking good.

RedRice589

Reaction score
Truck looks good man 3.31 gears figured maybe a 3.08 or something closer.... glad too see someones holding up the diesels at these events!

Power Hungry

Reaction score
To go with a 3.08, I'd have to stuff a 9" or something like that under the rear. I had a really long talk with Strange while I was at PRI and they can build a really nice full-float 9" with a bulletproof 3rd member and 8 Lug axles for about $2800-$3000. With that setup, I could have a 3.08 gear for high speed and then swap the 3rd member to a 3.73 or 3.90 for drag racing (if I should be so inclined). Something I'm really considering, but would have to wait until I sub out and 4-link the rear.

In the meantime, the tallest gear I could find for the 10.25/10.5 Sterling was a 3.31. Given my speed class and tech speed, that's more than adequate for the wheel/tire combination I'm running.

Power Hungry

Reaction score
I had no problems at all with the overload springs removed. I ran like that for over a year, including drag racing with 10.5" slicks, and never once noticed any vibration, axle wrap, or any other anomaly. Of course, I don't really pull anything with this truck, so the overload springs weren't really doing anything.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Oooh! That 3.08 is nifty. Didn't check Yukon....

Check out eastcoastgearsupply.com they are located in NC its who I ordered my 3.73 from I know he said said he had a good many options for the Dana 80 and the 10.25 " rear end.... Not to mention they were the best price around and the guy who answered the phone actually married a girl I went to school with haha

Latest posts

Members online