Going 38r in the 02

TyCorr

Reaction score
come again?

live life full throttle

You might cruise differently than others.

With your stock sized dually tires running 80mph on them big roads you were probably running hard enough the wheel was doing good.

For me at 55-60 on 35s its barely doing anything and egts arent great. Especially for what it is. The thing I noticed was my egts dropped almost 100 degrees going from a stock injector to 250/200.

Truck is apart right now AGAIN. Swapped the drivers side injectors and then Tim told me to hold off as he was sending me new orings. Then it snowed this am :doh:

Oh and I really want to go to stock springs and 33s.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

With your stock sized dually tires running 80mph on them big roads you were probably running hard enough the wheel was doing good.

For me at 55-60 on 35s its barely doing anything and egts arent great. Especially for what it is. The thing I noticed was my egts dropped almost 100 degrees going from a stock injector to 250/200.

Truck is apart right now AGAIN. Swapped the drivers side injectors and then Tim told me to hold off as he was sending me new orings. Then it snowed this am :doh:
it does good at and speeds and any size tire I ran so far. down low, mid and up top.. better all around.. spoolup is great and lights very fast..

live life full throttle

TyCorr

Reaction score
it does good at and speeds and any size tire I ran so far. down low, mid and up top.. better all around.. spoolup is great and lights very fast..

live life full throttle

Im hoping this is the case if I go to a closer to stock suspension/tire size. Im sure the drag created by wide ass tires and tall tires is cause enough for egts to increase. Its no different than any other load.

ja_cain

Reaction score

Oh and I really want to go to stock springs and 33s.
Do what now? It snowed? Where do you live at?

Does anyone have maps on these turbos with aftermarket wheels? I realize it might take specialized equipment to obtain this data but it would be helpful.

I'm glad to see you going back to near stock. I think that makes a huge difference in the performance of these trucks. I'll probably go no more than X codes up front and 33's on my truck just for the plain fact it males it more enjoyable to drive.

Last edited:

ja_cain

Reaction score
My grandparents used to live in McHenry. My good buddy lived in Milwaukee and my uncle still lives there. I have fond memories visiting those places.

Layson

Reaction score
If they are that good how come the turbo doesn't just come with these wheels now?

Just seems if they are that more efficient then it would come like that from Garrett?

Last edited:

dsberman94

Reaction score
What they come with is going to be the best for all around use, like it was designed for. Any of these upgraded wheels that are designed for a specific purpose aren't going to perform the best all around, because that's not what they were designed for. Basically what I'm getting at is that the wheel is going to work best at what it was specifically designed do to.

TyCorr

Reaction score
My grandparents used to live in McHenry. My good buddy lived in Milwaukee and my uncle still lives there. I have fond memories visiting those places.

I was in McHenry a week ago Friday. We had to put 18 windows in the sanctuary at the presbyterian church.

We run around Crystal Lake a fair amount too.

Jason

Reaction score
What they come with is going to be the best for all around use, like it was designed for. Any of these upgraded wheels that are designed for a specific purpose aren't going to perform the best all around, because that's not what they were designed for. Basically what I'm getting at is that the wheel is going to work best at what it was specifically designed do to.

If you keep talking in circles, you will eventually end up back where you started.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Jesus *** berman..... just give it up..

I can see bobs wheel helping most setups all around but some may only see a benefit on top end due to the 11 blade full length design. now the riffraff wheel looks like a replica of the stock cast wheel in which I would think would help all around but not quite as good up top as bobs.. after thinking about it, it would be nice to do a back to back comparison of the two in the same truck... but I have zero issues at all with bobs wheel.. the stock 38r lights very very well in my setup and it is a lot better with bobs wheel.. I have had a few guys tell me at the pulls that it is pretty impressive how well it lights when I take off at the line when hooked to the sled.

live life full throttle

ja_cain

Reaction score
Jesus *** berman..... just give it up..

I can see bobs wheel helping most setups all around but some may only see a benefit on top end due to the 11 blade full length design. now the riffraff wheel looks like a replica of the stock cast wheel in which I would think would help all around but not quite as good up top as bobs.. after thinking about it, it would be nice to do a back to back comparison of the two in the same truck... but I have zero issues at all with bobs wheel.. the stock 38r lights very very well in my setup and it is a lot better with bobs wheel.. I have had a few guys tell me at the pulls that it is pretty impressive how well it lights when I take off at the line when hooked to the sled.

live life full throttle

What is the weight difference between Bobs wheel and the Riffraff wheel?

gnxtc2

Reaction score
When I ordered my 66mm wheel from Bob, it was explained to me that the Dieselsite wheel(s) is patented. When the wheels were going through the design/testing phase, they were discarding the wheels that didn't work the best. The wheels that didn't work the best were picked up by others.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Latest posts

Members online