Going to have to pull the engine

genuineford

Reaction score
Will do. I am working on coming up with the money do do this job. We just purchased a camper so all our play money went to that.

genuineford

Reaction score
Well not to drag up a new thread but I am getting things together to do this finally. I plan on buying the parts in a couple weeks and tearing into it about the same time.

chappy

Reaction score
Have you been driving it all this time? As said before a plugged oil cooler will cause t to puke. Mine did. Don't blame you though for wanting to get every thing done and over with.

genuineford

Reaction score
I have been driving it and no signs of puking but there are other things that need to be taken care of so I am going to get it done.

Extended Power

Reaction score
Steve...I have a Diesel Site Adrenaline HPOP that I can send to Bob to check out for you before he would ship it to you....or...I have EVERYTHING needed to change your truck from the '03 style HPO system to the '05 system...HPOP, HPOP cover, wavey rails, tubes, branch tube, rocker boxes, valve covers, sensors...etc.
I also have a set of Elite H-11 head studs for sale...and a bunch of other stuff I can't even remember...just ask.
I am offering guys an easy payment plan for all of this stuff...if you want an item, or items, put some money down, and make payments on it...take a month or two...
I know these repairs are expensive as hell, and if you do it yourself, you can save alot of money...
I'm just throwing this out there for you.
PM me if you are interested in anything.

genuineford

Reaction score
I know it has been a long time since I posted in this thread but I finally got all the parts and time to work on it. I have to thank Garrett at Pure Diesel Power for letting me use his shop to pull the engine out. I would not be doing this job if not for him letting me use his shop to get the engine out. It took me about 6 hours from pulling it in the shop to having the engine hanging from the hoist outside of the truck. Everything went as well as it could have given the condition of it. This is one of the rustiest engines I have ever seen. The oil pan was so thin that we were able to stick a screw driver through once it was on the stand. I also found one of the exhaust manifold bolts were broken. When I got it back to my place I cleaned as much of the crap off it that I could. I am going to be building a regulated return for it out of the stuff that I have left from my 7.3 so I will get started on that right away. I will probably have some other goodies that we are going to do to it but I will tell you more about that when it happens for sure. Well it is time for pictures I guess.

I stared working on it at 9:30 and I took this picture at 11:30.

I took this picture at 3:30 as soon as the engine was out.

Some pictures of the crappy oil pan.

The ride home.

The broken exhaust manifold bolt.

After the degreasing.

The glow plug wire rails that are rotted away.

How crappy the up pipe bolts are.

Just a pic of the engine.

The paint for it when it gets reassembled.

Dave

Reaction score
Damn that oil pan looks rough.

Im gonna crawl under the truck and check mine in the AM. Damn WI winters

genuineford

Reaction score
Yeah we stuck a screwdriver through it with no problem. I also put a small hole in it pulling it out. It would leave a puddle under the truck pretty good overnight.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I just pulled heads off of a 430k mile 6.0 that had been in a flood, and the engine didn't look as rusty as yours! Stupid winters. I feel your pain man, up here in NY.

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Good luck with the motor man, thats some real rust too. How big was the trailer?

MDub707 where in NY are you? One of my schools nicknames is M Dub..... just wondering if theres any chance. Sorry for that off topic but im curious.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.