Going to have to pull the engine

Mdub707

Reaction score
Good luck with the motor man, thats some real rust too. How big was the trailer?

MDub707 where in NY are you? One of my schools nicknames is M Dub..... just wondering if theres any chance. Sorry for that off topic but im curious.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Near Utica. Mdub stands for my initials. MW. M Dubya :D

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Oh haha that would have been funny. Im in the Chester, Monroe, Middletown area. I think a few kids from my town are on here or the nation and i wasnt sure haha.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

davey99ps

Reaction score
If you need any help, let me know. Also, if you still got any 7.3 stuff left, let me know, I still got a long way to go on mine

genuineford

Reaction score
I got the heads off today and to the machine shop. Everything looked really good when I pulled it apart. No ridge in the cylinders and it still has a good cross hatch in it. I am going to try to derust the rest of the block this weekend and maybe get some paint on it. I need to change out the oil cooler yet too. Here are some pics.

genuineford

Reaction score
I got the engine tore down for the most part today. The only thing I have to pull off yet is the rear cover. I didn't originally plan on pulling that off but I want to change the rear main seal. As long as it is all apart I want to make sure I replace it all. I got all the damn rust taken off of it. I used a needle scaler that I borrowed from Pure Diesel Power. It worked great, if I wouldn't have had that I would still be cleaning the rust off of the block. I guess it is time for pictures.

Another of the crappy oil pan.

One side of the block cleaned off.

Current state that it is sitting in the garage.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Did you remove the front cover by cutting the silicone from the front plate? I hope so, if not, pull the whole bottom end also...

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Why would he need to pull the bed plate ?
When you put it back together just put two dabs of rtv on the dots where the bed plate gaskets come through you will be fine

Latest posts

Members online