Headers how I love thee

Gearhead

Reaction score
Headers definitely help spoolup (because of cylinder scavenging when not in boost) as well as help keep the exhaust pulses from "dead heading" into adjacent firing cylinders even under boost.

Tom S

Reaction score
Who has the most street miles on a set? I am saying that with a mid level HP truck not something over the top.

genie144

Reaction score
I have David's headers on my build. I was back and forth on them given the concern over cracking. I think (hope) that the majority of the cracking issues is truly attributable to the guys sled pulling without concern for their EGTs. You know the videos with glowing manifolds/headers... In a daily driver, I don't believe that there should be any concern over cracking unless David's guy can't weld for shi... Which if that were the case, I think you would hear a lot more about cracked headers...

I can tell you I really like the exhaust note that the my engine has.

Sam

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I love my headers so much that I took them off and placed them in the proper trash receptical.

Biggest waste of $1000, PERIOD.

And before David starts saying "well shee yoush dontsh make powersh like othersh" or " yoush did shomething wronsh to split the weldsh", I will post pics this evening of the broken set on my truck, the broken set off another members truck and the broken set that came straight out of the box, never used!

Back in the day, before BAE sourced everything out to a Chinese sweat shop, they probably weren't as bad of quality, this crap they sell now is a joke, and i most definitely am not the only one whose had problems or thinks that....

Pics to follow

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
I love my headers so much that I took them off and placed them in the proper trash receptical.

And before David starts saying "well shee yoush dontsh make powersh like othersh" or " yoush did shomething wronsh to split the weldsh", I will post pics this evening of the broken set on my truck, the broken set off another members truck and the broken set that came straight out of the box, never used!

Back in the day, before BAE sourced everything out to a Chinese sweat shop, they probably weren't as bad of quality, this crap they sell now is a joke, and i most definitely am not the only one whose had problems or thinks that....

Pics to follow

Steve

First grow up,

So you threw your set away???
Period end of story or do you want to edit your post, and say what Jon said he would do and has done for you.

The only ones we don't warranty are the melted ones and that is not the headers fault. The headers have more than proven to work and last.

jdgleason

Reaction score

Pics to follow

Why not talk to the manufacturer and give them a chance to fix them?

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Steve

First grow up,

So you threw your set away???
Period end of story or do you want to edit your post, and say what Jon said he would do and has done for you.

The only ones we don't warranty are the melted ones and that is not the headers fault. The headers have more than proven to work and last.

Sarcasm... Look it up.

I was sent a set of replacement headers by Jon after a few phoe calls and emails over a couple weeks, yes. That set he sent me to repose the headers that split in two after less then 1k miles and ZERO dyno runs, track passes, sled pulls, or heavy footed runs on the street, were in fact broke in the same spot as the set on my truck. Why? because BAE sources out to a piece of chit Chinese company who uses the wrong filler rod and lacks the necessary ability to properly TIG weld. Period, end of story

I've been promised a refund.... Still waiting on that. Maybe you could ask Mr. money bags to speed that up ; )

Still doesn't change the fact that until BAE starts making them in house to ensure perfection and quality, they are going to continue to have a less then stellar product that is not worth $1000

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I too had an issue with the headers I.chose not to have them fixes for the fact that they are so hard to get to on my truck I.decided I didn't want to.mess with them again.

As far as spool up goes I see the theory behind them and I think they did work a little bit but they didn't last long enough to get good testing done. They also had a different note in the cab too. Some may like it some may not. My truck definitely sounded better but long trips on the road may or may not have been alot of fun. Guys with huei injection may not notice the sound in the cab.

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
Sarcasm... Look it up.

I was sent a set of replacement headers by Jon after a few phoe calls and emails over a couple weeks, yes. That set he sent me to repose the headers that split in two after less then 1k miles and ZERO dyno runs, track passes, sled pulls, or heavy footed runs on the street, were in fact broke in the same spot as the set on my truck. Why? because BAE sources out to a piece of chit Chinese company who uses the wrong filler rod and lacks the necessary ability to properly TIG weld. Period, end of story

I've been promised a refund.... Still waiting on that. Maybe you could ask Mr. money bags to speed that up ; )Still doesn't change the fact that until BAE starts making them in house to ensure perfection and quality, they are going to continue to have a less then stellar product that is not worth $1000

Have you sent them back?

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I too had an issue with the headers I.chose not to have them fixes for the fact that they are so hard to get to on my truck I.decided I didn't want to.mess with them again.

As far as spool up goes I see the theory behind them and I think they did work a little bit but they didn't last long enough to get good testing done. They also had a different note in the cab too. Some may like it some may not. My truck definitely sounded better but long trips on the road may or may not have been alot of fun. Guys with huei injection may not notice the sound in the cab.

:whs:

David - I'm sure Jon can fill you in on what was discussed between him and I.

Last edited:

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
That sounds awesome!! got any installed pics to see these beasts?

As requested :D

73psd031.jpg

73psd032.jpg

73psd036.jpg

Tom S

Reaction score
Small derail for a moment during intermission.

One that is kick ass color for that motor.

Two is there a bracket for the regulator?

Latest posts

Members online