Headers how I love thee

indyF-350psd

Reaction score
i love mine! i dont sled pull or havent had it on a dyno since putting them on so i hope they dont crack but it sounds like DI is being more than reasonable about either repairing or replacing them if there is a problem. maybe its just my optimistic view but thats the way im reading it here. the sound kicks arse as well. love flooring it when next to a big brick building to really listen to it......

the only problem i had with mine was the ebp tube didnt line up worth a sh*t and i had to make one but thats to be expected i guess when dealing with custom stuff. besides a little fab work never hurt anyone.....jmo....
utf-8BSU1BRzAwNTguanBn.jpg

Last edited:

Tom S

Reaction score
i love mine! i dont sled pull or havent had it on a dyno since putting them on so i hope they dont crack but it sounds like DI is being more than reasonable about either repairing or replacing them if there is a problem. maybe its just my optimistic view but thats the way im reading it here. the sound kicks arse as well. love flooring it when next to a big brick building to really listen to it......

the only problem i had with mine was the ebp tube didnt line up worth a sh*t and i had to make one but thats to be expected i guess when dealing with custom stuff. besides a little fab work never hurt anyone.....jmo....

So do you have some miles on these?

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Small derail for a moment during intermission.

One that is kick ass color for that motor.

Two is there a bracket for the regulator?

Thanks guys.

No bracket, just hard lines holding it up.

And my ebv tube never fit either. Its about 2" shy. I just extended it with a few fittings when I threw in my back pressure gauge.

FORD7.3

Reaction score
GAWD damn thats a good lookin motor.. my next one will hopefully be that nice but those headers look amazing! what did you coat them with?

FORD7.3

Reaction score
well hell it looks damn good man! Id kill to have a clean ass motor like that..with headers!

Tom S

Reaction score
You might consider a bracket on that regulator so you do not get a vibration related crack unless that is stiffer then I am imagining. Report back after you trip please.

Big Bore

Reaction score
Black muffler paint LOL... I mostly did it to match the paint for the picture lol.

Its no longer black haha.

So did the high heat paint burn off the headers? I remember how nice my blue engine looked, I even painted the valley white so stuff that got dropped in it would be easy to find LOL that lasted until the first oil and fuel leak which trashed the white. The blue actually held up well, still looks good. Been trying to decide on a color for the next build. I've done yellow motors in other cars and Jeeps, maybe its time for one in the SD. Just worried about the oil staining it, cause it's a HUEI, there will be oil on it at some point.

02BigD

Reaction score
20,000 miles with coated DI headers that I bought spring of '09. No issues, but I will do a thorough inspection of them next time I'm doing some work to the motor in August, and report back.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
So did the high heat paint burn off the headers? I remember how nice my blue engine looked, I even painted the valley white so stuff that got dropped in it would be easy to find LOL that lasted until the first oil and fuel leak which trashed the white. The blue actually held up well, still looks good. Been trying to decide on a color for the next build. I've done yellow motors in other cars and Jeeps, maybe its time for one in the SD. Just worried about the oil staining it, cause it's a HUEI, there will be oil on it at some point.

Headers burned it off in hours LOL.

The paint does not look anything like the pic anymore :(

Like you said first oil leak in the valley.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
My blue still looks pretty good, even with the harsh crap I spray in there to clean it out. The silver on the VC is starting to fade, can see black in a few spots.

powerstrokenstang

Reaction score
You get tired of replacing gaskets, welds blowing out, runners cracking, warping, joints not lining up right out of the box, etc., pretty dang quick.... Especially at $1000 a whack

steve is correct, 4th pull on em got a big crack. happend a bunch, fixed 6 lil cracks when i took the off to sell plus the big cracks throughout the time they were on. not to mention all the work it too to get one of the flanges to be able to seal again before i could sell em. i will say egt's were about 2200 all season but i always knew when i got a big crack cause i would have about a 4" flame out the hood stack.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.