hey guys truck started smoking

dsberman94

Reaction score
I'm with you on this being a troll thread. Been doing this chit for almost a month now and still nothing even though he says he has parts. Someone ****** this fuggin thread and all the other ones he's started for the same exact issue.

Swaan

Reaction score
I'm with you on this being a troll thread. Been doing this chit for almost a month now and still nothing even though he says he has parts. Someone ****** this fuggin thread and all the other ones he's started for the same exact issue.

I actually don't think he's a troll. Honestly, i think he's just that stupid.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Berman had hpop issues for two years and calls this guy a troll.... :rollseyes:

Anything can happen. Ive got a 2016 explorer ecoboost with a bad head gasket. Shti happens.

Send your injectors off or order a new set. Im running 250/200s with a 38r and its not a hortible mismatch like you'd think. Granted you sacrifice up top but if you drive on the street you'll be waaay past the speed limit before its an issue.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

Anything can happen. Ive got a 2016 explorer ecoboost with a bad head gasket. Shti happens.

Send your injectors off or order a new set. Im running 250/200s with a 38r and its not a hortible mismatch like you'd think. Granted you sacrifice up top but if you drive on the street you'll be waaay past the speed limit before its an issue.
lmao... good point on bernan.. should be a very nice combo!!

live life full throttle

Jomax

Reaction score

Sucks about the Eco. But it does happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rsater1

Reaction score
when I get them pulled I will let u know what I see but everything I read or hear o rings aren't the prob .im waiting for injectors it need to be done . anyway ...and thanks again ..!!!

PsdPullerJr

Reaction score
That's what your copper o ring will look like if you had an injector come loose. It also has a knocking sound and smoke all the time with a strong fuel smell.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    902 KB · Views: 57

rsater1

Reaction score
got with COREY TODAY ..!! ordered pis 175 cc 80% just playin the waiting game... lol hope will have all apart before they get here

mandkole

Reaction score
got with COREY TODAY ..!! ordered pis 175 cc 80% just playin the waiting game... lol hope will have all apart before they get here

Nice..

Granted you will have lots of unfamiliar things to look at (your first trip under the VCs), but be sure to run a straight edge over all the injs before removing them and document. If one is loose, it should stick up a little in the cup and be taller than the others.

If it is broken nozzle or loose, Im surprised yours isn't knocking. Be good to hear whats up with this one..

rsater1

Reaction score
ive been under the vc s more than once put glow plugs /new vc wire harness..so just pullin them out will be new..i think im fine but what is the best way to evac the oil/fuel after reinstall injectors for hydrolock and I DONT WANT TO TURN TRUCK OVER TO EXPELE ALL OVER THE UNDER HOOD OF MY TRUCK ..there has to be a better way thanks In advance

dsberman94

Reaction score
Yea. You put the valve covers on with a few bolts tightened along the bottom. Problem solved. Oil stays right where it should.

TyCorr

Reaction score
ive been under the vc s more than once put glow plugs /new vc wire harness..so just pullin them out will be new..i think im fine but what is the best way to evac the oil/fuel after reinstall injectors for hydrolock and I DONT WANT TO TURN TRUCK OVER TO EXPELE ALL OVER THE UNDER HOOD OF MY TRUCK ..there has to be a better way thanks In advance

If you dont want to do that, use a mityvac.

I have a mityvac and i use the starter/glowplugs out method. Why? Because its easier aaaand faster.

If you change the oil as you are doing the install the clearing of the cylinders isnt a huge deal. All the fuel/oil drains anyway. Then put the topend back together, fill it up with oil like you always do, and get on with it.

rsater1

Reaction score
does anybody know the standard wait time to get PIS injectors !!!???I cant stand the wait!!!!

dsberman94

Reaction score
Week, week and a half depending on shipping. Mine were built to order. Actually called him to check to make sure the order was received as he was building my set.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
when you get the new injectors and are ready to start replacement, cut a gallon oil jug in half, put new injectors in and fill with good oil, take all the bottom bolts out of injector hold downs, pop injectors out, install new by pulling them out of the vat of oil and straight into each injector hole keeping as much oil as you can on each injector so it aids in seating and oring protection, palm fist or use a rubber mallet to tap them in to seat them, put bottom hold down bolt back in and torque to spec, lay straight edge accross to verify they are all seated propperly, pull all glow plugs, place vc's back on with a bolt or 2 finger tight, bar motor over a few complete revolutions, make sure the wire harness plug on vc is not connected, hit the key a few times to run starter to clear any more residual fluids, pull vc's back off, intall gp's, hook harness back up and start truck, if all is good then button it up and injoy..

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online