hey guys truck started smoking

rsater1

Reaction score
all gps in and checked oil level .and unplugged icp sensor and 42 pin connecter back on injectors went in nice no problems .battery's are new. still died have it charging ..I did put all new fuel line in so ...maybe that's why?im having the prob..?? hpop reservoir.. I checked it is full of oil...!! oil pressure picks up 1.5 seconds when cranking... seem normal as when it would start before..anything I should try different .. have I covered all bases ...?????????????????? THANKS

rsater1

Reaction score
YEP THATS WHAT I DID ... HOLY **** IDIDNT PUT ALLEN OILRAILPLUGS BACK IN LOL......?????

rsater1

Reaction score
I lost a oil rail plug .. well my kid did does anybody know if fuel port plug in back of fuel bowl is the same or can I go to hardwere store to get one ..does anybody know what thread they are ..I need one before I can get it running... ANYBODY .....??????? HELP

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
did you not notice the floor getting covered in oil?

parts store is iffy, best bet, overnight parts from japan

or riffraff.. he has all that stuff in stock..

live life full throttle

dsberman94

Reaction score
HFS!!! 11 pages later and post #3 would have solved the problem. How about another 11 pages just for a brass plug.

rsater1

Reaction score
got it running after putting them in .. took for a drive notice the engine light was on is this normal .. and light haze when driving thanks for the smart ass comment from the peanut gallery but thanks !!!

mandkole

Reaction score
No, not normal for the cel but could have been related to the cranking and playing with the ICP plug. Disconnect battery and clear to see if it comes back. Drive for 50 miles to clear the air out of the oil rails.

rsater1

Reaction score
got it running this morn now just have to get air out now..now should I be worried about fuel in oil after all this and engine light came on then was off after second short ride

TyCorr

Reaction score
What do you mean "fuel in oil"?

Theres no way on gods green earth to help people with questions like this. How do you know there is fuel in the oil? Im assuming you drained the oil, changed the filter, and waited after installing the injectors to refill the oil?

Spilling quarts of fuel and oil into the crankcase after pulling the injectors isnt exactly stuff you want to leave in there.

I do it at the same time. It doesnt make a lot of sense to do all that and leave crappy oil in there.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Without asking what yhat was in reply to il just say its foolish not perform oil change service simultaneously. Especially if you don't know what you are doing.

When the drainplug is out of the oilpan all the fuel and oil mix that diesnt get sucked out will drain out the pan. You can bump the truck a few times to clear the cylinders without ruining anything. Then when that ***kin crap drains down into the motor it'll run out the pan. Put the plug in, replace gp's, fill crankcase, fill hpo reservoir, check rails if you want, and then hook the harnesses back up and crank it off.

PsdPullerJr

Reaction score
Don't you guys loosen the quarter drive banjo bolts on the back of the heads to drain the fuel rails? Doing that along with oil rail plugs I've never cranked one over nor had one get enough in it to lock up. Let the 2 systems drain for 10 mins have 8 good shop towels ready to go and starting pulling them out and shoving towels in.

rsater1

Reaction score
i did change the oil i was asking if needed after pulling all fuel line off and replacing them.??I pulled stock fuel ines out>>>. then put new 4 line fuel feed on .and then puled injectors .and replaced ..would fuel still get in from heads or what ..just facts thank you..

rsater1

Reaction score
ok it been a little while now. I think all the air is out of system.. after injectors 4 line fuel feed. and custom tunes the truck has plenty of power .see 25 psi very easily not going any more than that for now ..but the truck doesn't like to cruise it will skip /buck /stall for a milisec and continues to idle or it might do it again .are there any ideas..i wont know if it has any codes till scanner shows up ..getting cheap bafx to monitor icp. till end of month if no crises I will get AE /ford bundle..all elec connections look good and in good working order thanks .....PIS all the way

Latest posts

Members online