hide a way stobes info

Lugger007

Reaction score
Ok so i just ordered a hide a way strobe kit and im wondering if anybody has ever put a set of the strobes in the fog light housings?

Not sure if your running conventional strobes or LEDs. But I put led hide aways in the fogs on my f150 and over about 2 years it melted a hole in the lens. If you use conventional which puts out significantly more heat then it'll deaf melt it over time.
Depends how close the head will be to the lens.

I use all strobes n more LED products w/great success.
Good luck with ur install and show some pics once your done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ToMang07

Reaction score
I did a lot of research on this with the consensus is I pulled all this out of my arse and have no idea what I'm talking about.

So glad we have jackasses like you who (think they) know all 50-states laws.

Go away.

248superduty

Reaction score
Not sure if your running conventional strobes or LEDs. But I put led hide aways in the fogs on my f150 and over about 2 years it melted a hole in the lens. If you use conventional which puts out significantly more heat then it'll deaf melt it over time.
Depends how close the head will be to the lens.

I use all strobes n more LED products w/great success.
Good luck with ur install and show some pics once your done.

Yea I went conventional. From what I have read online and seen the conventional lights "throw" more light. And not gonna lie they were cheaper. I got the kit from speed tech lighting. And definitely will post up some pics.

eng53ine

Reaction score
I did a lot of research on this with the consensus being.

Volunteer responders in most states must have a state issued permit to operate any non factory lighting and the lighting is only legally used en route to the station for response to an actual emergency. The type of lighting allowed differs from state to state and for the most part rear facing strobes are a no no.

As for construction vehicles IE plow trucks, material delivery, electric company vehicles and the like. The use of the lights are permitted only when the vehicle is parked in a roadway performing whatever task is causing it to need to be in the road.

Its pretty simple guys. You dont see state plow trucks or electric company trucks rocking disco party lights while in operation on the roadway. The reason you do see LE, actual fire trucks, ambulance and other emergency vehicles with bright flashy lights is because the drivers are highly trained in emergency driving. Joe blo volunteer firemen maxing out his civic with a christmas tree wrapped around it on his way to a bon fire is not only very unsafe its just plain stupid.

Anyways i could give a crap less what anyone does to a truck im just giving advise on how not to receive several citations for improper lighting. That way you dont come back here griping because you where handed a $300 ticket for showing off your sweet stobe lights to that honey next to you at a stop light.
Yep cause them professionally train cops fireman and ambulance guys never wreck their stuff its always them "unedjy mucated" volleys.

02 F-250, ccsb, auto, 6637, 4" turbo back, riff raff billet wheel, canned ts

Lugger007

Reaction score
what colour are your strobes bulbs?

Not sure who your asking but it's recommended to put the color bulb in the same color housing. I.e: red bulb in the brake lights

I'm putting red in my brake lights then amber in other locations

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I just looked the kit up, pretty cheap. Are they installed? let me know how it goes. thanks

Layson

Reaction score
I have them in my headlights, front turn signals, and rear backup lights. If I were to do it over again I would just put them in the front turn signals and rear brake lights. Easier to install and you won't have to worry about moisture getting in them as much.

I don't know if they would fit as well in the fog lights and be as bright. Plus I doubt they would fit in there and have a bulb for the fog lights to work. So it would be either fog lights or strobe lights only. Probably not both.

But I would look into Joe's link above and check out the LED stuff now. Then you can skip drilling holes in all your headlights and tail lights. Then it is easy to take off and move to the next rig.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I've got Sirennets strobe kit... its 6-7+ years old now... Works like it did when it was new...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0dB9v5ISSA&list=UUvrIcUe6j5pIr7XoyKS1czA

This video you cant pick up the strobes in the turn signals, but there there. Strobes are MUCH brighter then LED's and you can pick them up in all directions. Going to add a second pair of LED's on the bottom of the grill at some point.

Another one, again the camera doesnt pick it up very good, but they are blinding...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCZWFOnm5pI&list=UUvrIcUe6j5pIr7XoyKS1czA

248superduty

Reaction score
Well parts came in yesterday. and looks like weather will be nice enough for me to install at least the light bar saturday.

Latest posts

Members online