High and wide or low and wide

03 tx pwr stroke

Reaction score
I've been thinking alot lately about the direction I want to go with my truck. Originally, I was planning on big lift with 38x15.50x20's on 20x12 or 20x14 wheels. But after seeing some of the lower, wide stance trucks on here, I have become undecided. What are the pros and cons of each, the lifted off road look or the lower, wide street look.

94.5 Stroker

Reaction score
A lowered truck looks awesome but depending on tires (ex. the 420s) they are soft but guys are getting a lot of miles out of em but they are cheap too. A lifted truck is nice to but if you use your truck as a truck then it is harder to put stuff in the bed and climb in and out of. Hell I have a 4 inch on 33s on my obs and I wanna bring down to just above stock.

2010 6.4

Reaction score
I want to do a 2.5" lift and do 20X12's on 33's I think that would give it a nice look and you get both

7.3 Cowboy

Reaction score
Be different keep it stock or just level it. Everyone and there brother seems to have 20x12 and 37s around me it seems like.

TripleE44

Reaction score
I would try and find a middle ground. It seems like a lot of guys are getting tired of their big lifts and taking them down. I have a love/hate relationship with my 7'' lift and 37s, but in the end I just prefer a lifted truck the majority of the time. I'd say a 4'' lift with whatever size tire will work on a 20x12 at that height would work well for you, but I'm not really into the lower trucks with 20x12s either.

MINK

Reaction score
I want to do a 2.5" lift and do 20X12's on 33's I think that would give it a nice look and you get both

This is what I have ran on my past two trucks and loved it....I have everything here to lift my 08 so I plan to go that route but I am a huge fan of the stock/lower and wide look.

Tonka350

Reaction score
I'll agree to both extents and all arguments here....I have a BIG lifted truck and it gets old....but Id NEVER lower it...Im actually looking at another superduty to buy as a daily driver so that I don't have to climb in and out when Im running out for errands and stuff. plus having the big lift if you're in and out of the truck alt during the day it puts excessive wear on your seats and rips your leather. so if you drive it alt Id recommend maybe a 4" lift on 35's with 20x12's and you'd have both worlds.

Chad

MINK

Reaction score
I'll agree to both extents and all arguments here....I have a BIG lifted truck and it gets old....but Id NEVER lower it...Im actually looking at another superduty to buy as a daily driver so that I don't have to climb in and out when Im running out for errands and stuff. plus having the big lift if you're in and out of the truck alt during the day it puts excessive wear on your seats and rips your leather. so if you drive it alt Id recommend maybe a 4" lift on 35's with 20x12's and you'd have both worlds.

Chad

Good feedback.

I'm going from 2" lift, 20x12s and a 33x13.50s to 4" lift, 22x14s and 35x12.50s.

I still want to do stock front/1" rear block and 22x12s with 33x12.50 some day though LOL

TANK'S 250

Reaction score
4.5" lift and 41" tires....best of both worlds....big tires...low lift.

MotorZtruckblog7.jpg

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Stock or lowered and wide gets my vote all day. I'm just not a fan of lifted stuff... lowered handles better, easier to work on, easier to get in... lowered or stock height FTW!

IMG_6029_zps2255be8e.jpg

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Stock or lowered and wide gets my vote all day. I'm just not a fan of lifted stuff... lowered handles better, easier to work on, easier to get in... lowered or stock height FTW!

IMG_6029_zps2255be8e.jpg

Truck looks good, just out of curiosity though why did you mount your traction bars backwards ?

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Truck looks good, just out of curiosity though why did you mount your traction bars backwards ?

hahah I get that a lot with the traction bars. I kind of liked the way they looked mounted that way and it keeps them up a little higher off the ground by the axle. I mean they work the same whichever way I mount them! LOL

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
lowered-stock-leveled with wide stance is my favorite. lifted is harder to work out of, and handle worse/slower.

that being said. if I didn't work out of mine or attempt racing, it'd be on 6" and 37s LOL looks so good.

Sent looking at my blown up 6.4

07_powerstroke

Reaction score
I had 10 inch lift with 36/15.50/20 with 20x12 wheels and want to stock high with 305/50/20 on 20x12 and i don't regret it at all much happier!

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
lowered-stock-leveled with wide stance is my favorite. lifted is harder to work out of, and handle worse/slower.

that being said. if I didn't work out of mine or attempt racing, it'd be on 6" and 37s LOL looks so good.

Sent looking at my blown up 6.4

NAHHHHHHHH

You guys are just too short. Lifted! ftw

^ This.....i love the red truck lifted, would have it any other way.....fortunatly i have the white truck now so i am in the same deliemma you are...lift it or lower it...il prob reverse level it just to have something different from the red one.

Latest posts

Members online