Home Made Traction Bar Build

ford rules

Reaction score
Yes 2'' OD .25" wall DOM. Still undecided on length though anyone with a ECSB truck and traction bars post up your lengths please!!

ford rules

Reaction score
Thanks^
Seams 62-64 is the measurement ive been seeing from other people. I think ill get some pvc to mock them up and see how it goes, im thinking im gonna play around with putting weight in the bed to compress the suspension and kinda go from there. Whatever happens ill keep you guys updated!!

NoSlow6.0

Reaction score
Not trying to be a smart well you get the picture. I know a lot of people like to build all their stuff from start to finish but you would be surprised at what you can find on these websites that are for people that build these rock crawlers you can get everything you had pictured there nearly already laser cut and for the price of what you might have to pay a fab shop to sell you a piece of scrap to build your parts out of. I completely understand if you want to build it all yourself I enjoy doing a lot of that stuff to but just wanted you to be aware of companies out there where you can get some of the stuff you need to make custom parts and there's still a lot of stuff you can do on your own and take pride in.

NoSlow6.0

Reaction score
That's awesome man I wish I had the time just to look at all that stuff you've built. LOL 4 kids 4 - 9 and a wife who hates everything you do and I don't get to have fun like you building stuff. LOL

ford rules

Reaction score
Lol well you must have some time, if I remember correct you have a very nice red 6.0 correct? Lol

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
Looks good man..., keeping this to look bak on... Trevor at PMF has a builders kit and ballistic fab has a lot of parts to build your own too. Ballistic Fab has some awesome chrome tubing bars

ford rules

Reaction score
Well my parts never showed up today like i was told they would:fustrate: so no updates yet.
Id like your guys opinion on a color to paint/powdercoat the bars themselves though.
Heres some pics of the truck they will be going on. Plans are to run either a 20x10 BMF death metal black novacane or 20x12 black fuel hostage.
I was thinking of either a metallic blue, dark metallic purple like plum crazy purple kinda, or a yellow. This will be the accent color for the rest of the truck so keep that in mind also.
null_zps1619b9de.jpg

null_zps64aeb9ed.jpg

ford rules

Reaction score
I thought about white, but im not sure id like white on other parts of the truck as an accent color though...
So I looked in my huge stack of paint quarts I aquired while working at a bodyshop and found just what I wanted dark metallic purple thats what I call it anyways.
Crappy pic but I think im gonna try this and if I dont like it I have some black metallic and blue metallic also.
null_zps2a47715c.jpg

VanoFord

Reaction score
Reminds me of plum crazy mopar. Should look slick. I'm goin metallic silver. This thread has got me all fired up to do some metal burnin. Thanks for starting it!

And since no one has said it yet... Are you done yet?

ford rules

Reaction score
I think the blk and purple will be a good combo!!
Almost done... Waiting on parts like always!

Latest posts

Members online