Home Made Traction Bar Build

2000wa250

Reaction score
I'd almost try mixing a little of the black and purple to make the purple a little darker, or the blue. Dark enough that in low light they don't stand out, but with the metallic when the light hits the purple would just pop.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

bad12jr

Reaction score
The purple looks really good.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

ford rules

Reaction score
I've had it for a while now got it free from some guys I know. I'd say around $10 a foot to buy it though.

e.nickkk

Reaction score
Only one small problem I see you didn't make me a set. Looks good keep it up

VanoFord

Reaction score
Yes 2'' OD .25" wall DOM. Still undecided on length though anyone with a ECSB truck and traction bars post up your lengths please!!

Have you thought about finding a procomp or equivalent kit for your body length to mimic the length of their bars? That's what I had considered for mine atleast

ford rules

Reaction score
I did yes, the thing about length i keep coming back to is OUO's adaptable length bars. How can length be sooo important when they dont even make a set length bar and everyone worships those things. Dont get me wrong they look great and im sure the quality is there but if the length was so important to have them work correctly and not bind then they wouldnt make them adjustable. In my opinion they get away with the adjustability by running bushings on both end so it has plenty of flex and give. Again this is all just my opinion with no real proof, just something to think about.

ford rules

Reaction score
Ladder bar with a shackle won't bind at all that's what I run on my ranger and it dosent limit travel whatsoever.

ford rules

Reaction score
My brother is gonna paint them for me so I will see what he can do, hes got more experiance with that type of stuff than I do. I think they will look good either way really.

ford rules

Reaction score
So i got my bushings on monday and finally got around to doing something with them today. I tac welded the rear axle mounts on and then made some templates for front mounts. Gave myself 2 holes to choose from also so ill see if it makes a difference in ride with either or. I pulled the blocks out yesterday and the overloads and the frame mounts for the overload springs also. Got some new 3/4'' u bolts today was suprised that they were only $35 with washers and nuts, gotta love working on semis and getting discounts at supply stores.
null_zps3e0a9d7c.jpg

null_zps79fa5e55.jpg

null_zps45404330.jpg

null_zps1a9f17f0.jpg

null_zps87c27764.jpg

null_zps84c7edbf.jpg

null_zps24bb5623.jpg

null_zpsbda0502f.jpg

null_zps7646627d.jpg

null_zps97ad3f82.jpg

Latest posts

Members online