Honey badger Jr installed...

m j

Reaction score
I think they said the Jr was 17° and stock pistons so it doesnt really compare to an increased displacement pump

For the Honey Badger JR: All cores are stripped down completely. The housing is drilled, ported and tapped in preparation for the modifications. A dowel pin is installed to keep the swash plate in place. All o-rings, springs, seals & bearings are replaced with new parts. All bushings are replaced with new ball bearings, all swash plates are 17*. All fittings are new. All pistons and cylinders are checked to make sure they are within spec. Each pump is assembled, serial numbered, and tested before they ship. A custom HPOP gear key-way can also be added to eliminate any chance of the shaft spinning inside the gear. All of our HPOPs ship with a mounting gasket, HPOP cover, and core paperwork.

The pistons are stock in the Honey Badger JR.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I dont want to speak for nltd but I dont think.its supposed to. Srp1 is a crazy ass oil pump. It doesnt hold pressure it'll keep building it unless the tuning says not to.

It has been with its own share of issues though.

Reaction score
Was supposed to be jan 1st, mid month now next month. They are awaiting parts I spoke to them earlier. My pump is still waiting in the box till I can get it upgraded I hope its soon but who knows

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

mandkole

Reaction score
are HBs brand new replacement pumps that have been cleaned up and blueprinted per se?

oops on edit.. they look to be used.. didnt read close enough

Last edited:

thuglike

Reaction score
As soon as our parts come in..we will rock them out.

Core's are already lined up to be built.
We are totally at the mercy of our supplier right now. (which sucks)

Soon guys ...very soon

Then we will start rocking our 6.0L pumps...:rockon:

thuglike

Reaction score
With how the Jr's are doing...we feel they they are doing what the SRP1.1 is doing.

The Sr...........even more.

TyCorr

Reaction score
With how the Jr's are doing...we feel they they are doing what the SRP1.1 is doing.

The Sr...........even more.

Have you tried the jr on a set of large injectors though? The srp 1 is rated for up to a 350cc injector. Im not doubting you but thats a fairly bold statement. I though you said the jr was for small injectors? Like 238/80s or something?

I remember there being mention of size in the beginning and it wasnt what the stealth was rated for. Thats the reason Im asking because without a doubt theres enough ambiguity in this thread already that some dude will take off running with it "the hb jr is deh shame ash the eshrp1.1'sh guysh!".

thuglike

Reaction score
The early returns are that the Jr. is handling larger injectors than we expected or even intended it to.

We will keep it marketed as a Medium oil pump. It is designed and built for all "medium sized injectors" up to 238/100's. It has been handling larger injectors though. A few customers are running 250/200's with good results. I am waiting on data logs from both customers. We will not fall into the trap of over marketing it...will it do the job on a 350cc injector? I do not know. we have not tested that high. We have done a 300/200 and it has handled it with no problems. It's held 2900 psi at 55% dc at wot on our drag truck.

Can it go head to head with the srp??...I think it can, early returns suggest it can, but it would not be fair to either product to put it in concrete.

Jr. = Medium oil. Marketed, built and tested to take on the T500, AD
Sr. = Big oil. Marketed to go againt the rest of them

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
So joes truck didn't hold any more pressure just lowered the duty cycle some???? And it compares to an srp1 (not that I like them or are trying to say there good.) lol oh.

thuglike

Reaction score
If your tuning calls for 3000 psi..how would a pump change raise that. The only thing that will change is the DC. A healthier pump won't work as hard to maintain what is called for in your tuning.

Latest posts

Members online