How fast is 350-400whp OBS auto?

SickStroke6.0

Reaction score
You got your times answer 6 pages ago.. yet you are still debating with everyone who posts...

sent from the sea

Those times aren't real, didn't you know that? LOL

Just face it, this is one of those typical guys who thinks their truck is faster and better than anything on the road. He said he can spin his 35's with ease. LOL If that's true, my 6.4L will burn the tires if you punch it at 90 MPH. LOL

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Just face it, this is one of those typical guys who thinks their truck is faster and better than anything on the road.

Yes.. yes my 1997 f250 w/ 240k miles is fast. Thats precisely what I'm saying.

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I never once swayed one way or another in the term "fast", merely stating that a low 9second 1/8 is certainly quick judging by what i see at the track here locally.

HairyPalmer

Reaction score
Like I said, I know of dozens of guys on the ORG who have stock fuel system running 400-450whp. I wouldn't guess though, as far as hp #'s. A properly setup stage 1/1.5 w/ good tunes makes 350-400whp all day long.

As far as traction, if the ground is even a little wet, both of those rear 35's wont hook up period (from a stop). On the dry pavement, taking off around a corner or trying to powerslide is a piece of cake and results in heavy wheelspin. I'm not trying to get into a debate on my truck or what it takes to get to what HP, I'm simply asking what a 350-400whp OBS will run 0-60, 1/4 and 1/8.

didn't you get booted off the .org a few weeks ago for the same crap? running your mouth when you don't know what your talking about?:bs:

TyCorr

Reaction score
I'd like to see one truck make 400 with the mechanical fuel pump...dyno sheet needed. I ain't buying it. 350 maaaybe. It's not something that can be done, hands down, easy cheese, and recreated over and over. This is headed the same direction as my buddy arguing that my truck has to make more than 450hp simply because he estimates his duramax makes 450 and my truck is faster. It is faster but it's got more to do with me knowing my setup dynoed 410 and he guessed himself into about 100 horse he doesn't have, maybe more.

350 maybe, 400 doubtful on stock obs fuel system. Hell a stock superduty fuel.system won't support 500 hp. Watchin fuel.pressure tank....

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
didn't you get booted off the .org a few weeks ago for the same crap? running your mouth when you don't know what your talking about?:bs:

I was booted because I quoted a shop-owner (beans) and he didn't like the quote. That's the gist of it.

I'd like to see one truck make 400 with the mechanical fuel pump...dyno sheet needed. I ain't buying it. 350 maaaybe. It's not something that can be done, hands down, easy cheese, and recreated over and over. This is headed the same direction as my buddy arguing that my truck has to make more than 450hp simply because he estimates his duramax makes 450 and my truck is faster. It is faster but it's got more to do with me knowing my setup dynoed 410 and he guessed himself into about 100 horse he doesn't have, maybe more.

350 maybe, 400 doubtful on stock obs fuel system. Hell a stock superduty fuel.system won't support 500 hp. Watchin fuel.pressure tank....

Did you read the 22page beans thread?! There's several dozens of dynos in there. I'd be happy to do your hard work and find some dynos. Tomorrow.

Ps your SD is dead head my obs isn't.

Last edited:

old man dave

Reaction score
My 97 California SuperCab LB truck did 14.50/1.99 60' with stageII 160 splitshots , old 2003 tunes, stock muffler, stock fuel, BTS and 1.0 stock turbo. 399.8 hp on a DynoJet 248 with about 90 dyno runs. Then I installed a real 4" exhaust, electric fuel and dual terminator.

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
One thing I'd like to add, aside from my post above, hp isn't a guessing game. You either put parts on and stop when you enjoy the outcome. This approach is totally void of absolutes. You can't guess what it makes. If you've only driven a chipped stocker, stage II injectors in a 7.3 fool all kinds f people into thinking 500hp is under their foot.

I see my 7.3 being a 350-500hp tow heavy and go truck once I put my new injectors in. 275/200s and 38r with full competition fuel system. I'd have to add billet rods to a full build including cylinder head work to go further with a set of compounds. Not saying I won't do that but at the end of the day my truck is almost 9k lbs.

Hp isn't cheap or easy on a 7.3 especially without a good aftermarket fuel system.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I was booted because I quoted a shop-owner (beans) and he didn't like the quote. That's the gist of it.

Did you read the 22page beans thread?! There's several dozens of dynos in there. I'd be happy to do your hard work and find some dynos. Tomorrow.

22 page beans thread, lol. Nope. I won't either. If you knew half of what you think you do, you'd know why I'm not interested in that thread.

Dead head vs not isn't anything related to points I made.

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
My 97 California SuperCab LB truck did 14.50/1.99 60' with stageII 160 splitshots , old 2003 tunes, stock muffler, stock fuel, BTS and 1.0 stock turbo. 399.8 hp on a DynoJet 248 with about 90 dyno runs. Then I installed a real 4" exhaust, electric fuel and dual terminator.

This is one bof the guys I was referring to but didn't want to name drop.

For referance, installing the efuel added a whopping 10whp onto your setup, didn't it?

5spd or auto on your truck? Boosted 4wheel drive launch or 2wheel?

One thing I'd like to add, aside from my post above, hp isn't a guessing game. You either put parts on and stop when you enjoy the outcome. This approach is totally void of absolutes. You can't guess what it makes. If you've only driven a chipped stocker, stage II injectors in a 7.3 fool all kinds f people into thinking 500hp is under their foot.

I see my 7.3 being a 350-500hp tow heavy and go truck once I put my new injectors in. 275/200s and 38r with full competition fuel system. I'd have to add billet rods to a full build including cylinder head work to go further with a set of compounds. Not saying I won't do that but at the end of the day my truck is almost 9k lbs.

Hp isn't cheap or easy on a 7.3 especially without a good aftermarket fuel system.

I realize that heui injection isn conducive to (cheap) high performance power, that its a work horse system. My thread was merely an inquiry on traps and et's, not a pissing contest or build thread.

22 page beans thread, lol. Nope. I won't either. If you knew half of what you think you do, you'd know why I'm not interested in that thread.

Dead head vs not isn't anything related to points I made.

Dead head has more of a negative impact on performance and injectors than my cam-pump does. Nothing wrong with the mechanical pump with hybrid stage IIs and below as long as you shim the fpr to keep fp up under wot runs.

HairyPalmer

Reaction score

I WAS WHITNESS TO THE WHOLE THING. You got booted because you talk out your ass and lead many a newbie astray. I hope you get booted here too. Thing is, people like you lead to expensive engine failures and many a misconception for people looking to get into their first PSD. FLAME ON :biggun:

HairyPalmer

Reaction score
also as the ex owner of one of the baddest BRM"s out there I doubt you know VW diesels either.... just go away:clapping:

old man dave

Reaction score
The engine package has been running since 2003. Adding electric fuel pushed hp to 408. Real 4" exhaust added another 10hp but both mods greatly increased the whole torque curve which makes the real difference. Never got around to dynoing the complete package but it felt way better. I'm no internet diesel expert but I think my full on WOP engine I'm installing with a KASB and B-codes will run just a little better than most.

Last edited:

Strokersace

Reaction score

Is that new motor in yet?? You've been retired for how long now? I figured you'd be having traction issues...

This is one bof the guys I was referring to but didn't want to name drop.

For referance, installing the efuel added a whopping 10whp onto your setup, didn't it?

5spd or auto on your truck? Boosted 4wheel drive launch or 2wheel?

I knew who you were referring to when you went on your google rant about 400hp, but not because of google. It was because I've talked to Dave many of times on the forums. As a matter of fact, his old setup that he dynoed was nearly IDENTICAL to what I built in my truck about the same time. The difference was I never dynoed it. Didn't need to as it did everything I wanted it to plus some and ran great.

BUT... He's only 1 person, NOT HUNDREDS!!! Before you start calling people trolls and saying they don't know what they're talking about, maybe you should do more google research.

AND... If you knew anything about these vehicles or what Dave has in his, then you'd have your transmission answer in this post above!!! LOL LOL LOL

Also, if you got kicked off another forum for quoting and name dropping Bean, then why do you continuously name drop Bean in this thread???

But I digress... as you'd say. I'm sure you won't get the idea.

Last edited:

HairyPalmer

Reaction score
Adding electric fuel pushed hp to 408. Real 4" exhaust added another 10hp but both mods greatly increased the whole torque curve which makes the real difference. Never got around to dynoing the complete package but it felt way better. I'm no internet diesel expert but I think my full on WOP engine I'm installing with a KASB and B-codes will run just a little better than most.

speak softly and carry a big stick - Theodore Roosevelt
Dave.... this is you.
just real results.

Strokersace

Reaction score
I WAS WHITNESS TO THE WHOLE THING. You got booted because you talk out your ass and lead many a newbie astray. I hope you get booted here too. Thing is, people like you lead to expensive engine failures and many a misconception for people looking to get into their first PSD. FLAME ON :biggun:

He probably subscribes to Powerstrokehelp! Maybe he's a test dummy?

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score

On the contrary, I can't tell you how many people thanked me weekly for setting them straight over there. And if you know the WHOLE story of my banishment, you'd know not only do I not give a **** about being politically correct, but one of the mods followed me to another forum where he isn't a mod and we had it out again, and since he couldn't do anything n the other forum, he booted me ffrom the org.

also as the ex owner of one of the baddest BRM"s out there I doubt you know VW diesels either.... just go away:clapping:

The baddest brm according to who, YOU? I've had every ounce and millimeter of my alh torn n and built up, and am dropping some more change into it this summer. Ya gotta be careful of those VW motors with some nozzles though!!

The engine package has been running since 2003. Adding electric fuel pushed hp to 408. Real 4" exhaust added another 10hp but both mods greatly increased the whole torque curve which makes the real difference. Never got around to dynoing the complete package but it felt way better. I'm no internet diesel expert but I think my full on WOP engine I'm installing with a KASB and B-codes will run just a little better than most.

Thanks for your input Dave.

Is that new motor in yet?? You've been retired for how long now? I figured you'd be having traction issues...

I knew who you were referring to when you went on your google rant about 400hp, but not because of google. It was because I've talked to Dave many of times on the forums. As a matter of fact, his old setup that he dynoed was nearly IDENTICAL to what I built in my truck about the same time. The difference was I never dynoed it. Didn't need to as it did everything I wanted it to plus some and ran great.

BUT... He's only 1 person, NOT HUNDREDS!!! Before you start calling people trolls and saying they don't know what they're talking about, maybe you should do more google research.

AND... If you knew anything about these vehicles or what Dave has in his, then you'd have your transmission answer in this post above!!! LOL LOL LOL

Also, if you got kicked off another forum for quoting and name dropping Bean, then why do you continuously name drop Bean in this thread???

But I digress... as you'd say. I'm sure you won't get the idea.

Dave is only one man I'm referring to, your right. There's lots of other 400hp 7.3 out there w/ limited parts.

I'm on my phone and its a pita looking @ sigs etc, I haven't seen any indication of transmission.

I was banned because a hot head mod called me a liar and to stop posting, I posted a direct quote from the owner of Beans shop and he got reeeeeal mad.

Latest posts

Members online