How fast is 350-400whp OBS auto?

SickStroke6.0

Reaction score
Proof is proof. When I see proof, I don't keep discounting it.

There's been plenty of proof in tis thread. The consensus says your truck will run high 14's or low 15's in the 1/4, and somewhere in the 9's in the 1/8th.

You got your answer. Your truck is slow.

Strokersace

Reaction score
That's because I did it in 2003 and got so much BS about it through the years I quit posting about it because the internet diesel experts always knew better.

I said my truck made 399.8 hp on stock fuel, 408 with Bean's fuel system using 160splitshot stage IIs and stock muffler, with a 1.0 housing stock turbo on a DynoJet 248 without a load cell to screw up the readings. Its also one of only 3 DynoJet 248s in the country with 5000# rollers. The discussion is how much hp you could get with 160stageII splitshot injectors, NOT if you have or have not the proper supporting mods.

Now, guy says post a dyno sheet, so I did for the first time, I guess he doesn't believe it, now he says my truck does not scale out at 7900#, I didn't empty it out when I raced it and I have some rather heavy accessories. I've scaled the truck a lot of times at the weight I drive it at. I never said the truck was not modified, I stated I've tried most every performance enhancing trick I've heard about given the parameters I choose to operate with including changing out every sensor in the truck.

Stock muffler is just that, the rest of the system is modified including a 3.5" Banks mandrel bent tailpipe and gutted EBPV. Had a DieselPower chip by the only guy who could tune the setup at the time, Bill Cohron, he's now PHP. 17* hpop that held 2800psi at WOT. Its a 97 California truck so the fuel pressure came jacked up stock. Tymar intake with no CCV provision. Banks PowerPack (whats left is the intercooler, 1.0 turbo housing, downpipe, stock muffler and 3.5" mandrel bent tailpipe. BTS transmission since the stocker smoked when the injectors were installed. Full synthetic oils in everything. All new sensors. JServo IDM. I monitored operating parameters using AE, a G-meter and lots of dyno runs. And a lot of other small stuff that adds up.

I'm now swapping in a full on WOP/KASB engine, maybe all of you experts can tell me what both Zane and DI told me what I could expect for power.

Dave, I've believed you as we've had that conversation in the past!!

I love how you use this lose term 'internet experts', and how true that is. People have selectivebeliefs on the intrnet, even if the proof is right in front of them.

The pot just called the kettle black... LOL LOL LOL LOL

Isn't that the truth!! Mister Google Master, you are living breathing proof of this on the good ol' internet.

Everytime I see you post, I just know there's going to be some entertainment value to it!!:clapping:

old man dave

Reaction score
You also may note that I never have recommended that anyone else try my setup since I only did it because everyone said making power with a Banks PowerPack wasn't possible and it was definitely not cost effective at over $10K in 2003 bucks.

Using the stock muffler made the torque curve very peaky, adding the Dual Terminator (I had a test beta model) @3400psi, new DPTuner tunes,4" exhaust and Bean's fuel system fattened up the torque curve considerably and very probably would have had the truck close to or in the 13's with the unreliable (so they said) 1.0 housing OBS turbo.

And in case you're wondering my new street motor setup was run by WOP and one of his fanboys already so its pretty much a proven deal. The fanboy was just out of the top 25 PSD fuel only list .

Last edited:

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
With everything listed in my sig. I ran a 13.6 @98 mph I believe it was..
Don't remember the 1/8's & 60's right off hand ill have to get the slips out of the glove box next time I get in there.

I know my trucks I/C, E fuel, and a D66 But I think I'm in the 350-400+ neighborhood your talking about, Just to give you an idea..

Jared

BTW those Internationals are amazing... love them.

But excellent track times... I bet that BTS was a huge help to that one. Does it pull a load good?

It all depends on what you wanna do in the future. If you don't plan on going bigger with the turbo in the future then there's no reason to have anything bigger then 2's. but if your gonna put a real turbo on it one day then don't waste your money and just get a small set of hybrids and good tunes

No I dont plan on going any bigger with the turbo, but IF it were to blow for some mysterious reason, I would never imagine putting a stock turbo back in. So by stage 2 injectors, you are referring to 160/100's? Or something bigger? I dont dog it often, but when I do I want Baby Jesus to cry. But I also want to be able to tow with ease, which I'm not concerned about w/ good tuning.

i wonder what those drive pressures were like..........

ha! excellent question! There's not much data or values online of drive pressures, although with 1.15 exhaust housing I'm sure they were "ok", anyhow.

There's been plenty of proof in tis thread. The consensus says your truck will run high 14's or low 15's in the 1/4, and somewhere in the 9's in the 1/8th.

You got your answer. Your truck is slow.

Some of the people that run their trucks have been saying otherwise, somewhere in the 13's...

You also may note that I never have recommended that anyone else try my setup since I only did it because everyone said making power with a Banks PowerPack wasn't possible and it was definitely not cost effective at over $10K in 2003 bucks.

Using the stock muffler made the torque curve very peaky, adding the Dual Terminator (I had a test beta model) @3400psi, new DPTuner tunes,4" exhaust and Bean's fuel system fattened up the torque curve considerably and very probably would have had the truck close to or in the 13's with the unreliable (so they said) 1.0 housing OBS turbo.

And in case you're wondering my new street motor setup was run by WOP and one of his fanboys already so its pretty much a proven deal. The fanboy was just out of the top 25 PSD fuel only list .

So what size injectors would you recommend for the fastest strip time on the stock turbo while being somewhat reliable if taken care of?

Strokersace

Reaction score
BTW those Internationals are amazing... love them.

Some of the people that run their trucks have been saying otherwise, somewhere in the 13's...

The 1st statement cracks me up!! After all the pages and post, it just hits you that the powerstroke is an international?!?! LOL LOL

As for the 2nd statement... You do realize that all the trucks that are in the 13's DO NOT have stock Obs oil, fuel, turbo, and almost all have i/c installed!!!

That's why the setup you desire to have - stock oil, fuel, turbo, no i/c will be or already is SLOW!!!

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
The 1st statement cracks me up!! After all the pages and post, it just hits you that the powerstroke is an international?!?! LOL LOL

As for the 2nd statement... You do realize that all the trucks that are in the 13's DO NOT have stock Obs oil, fuel, turbo, and almost all have i/c installed!!!

That's why the setup you desire to have - stock oil, fuel, turbo, no i/c will be or already is SLOW!!!

You really are a dunce, aren't you. I meant the International ****ing Lonestar in his avatar. Get over yourself.

yes the 13-second guys do seem to have a few more things, I'm having trouble putting a hp relationship to et's as some 400hp are 14's and other 400hp trucks are 13's.

Buffalo444

Reaction score
Peak hp != hp curve. Also doesn't show how the trans shifts, or the weight of the vehicle. That's why the track times aren't the same. Didn't think that took rocket science...

sent by the beard

Strokersace

Reaction score
You really are a dunce, aren't you. I meant the International ****ing Lonestar in his avatar. Get over yourself.

yes the 13-second guys do seem to have a few more things, I'm having trouble putting a hp relationship to et's as some 400hp are 14's and other 400hp trucks are 13's.

No I'm really not. But nice attempt at a dig again!! LOL

When using tapatalk on my phone, it often doesn't show avatars and when it does, they're too small to make out what they are.

And why this thread cracks me up is its always comical when people ask questions with a desired answer in mind because of all the Google research they've conducted prior. Only to be mostly showed/explained otherwise and then said person asking original question argues on and on and on that his Google research is right and the real world experiences of most answering the questions are wrong!! Pure entertainment! Not looping Dave into this as he does have proof of what his setup did. And he's very open to say that its results were/are not typical.

Why ask a question when you don't want to hear the response??? It's like dealing with the typical irrational woman.

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
No I'm really not. But nice attempt at a dig again!! LOL

When using tapatalk on my phone, it often doesn't show avatars and when it does, they're too small to make out what they are.

And why this thread cracks me up is its always comical when people ask questions with a desired answer in mind because of all the Google research they've conducted prior. Only to be mostly showed/explained otherwise and then said person asking original question argues on and on and on that his Google research is right and the real world experiences of most answering the questions are wrong!! Pure entertainment! Not looping Dave into this as he does have proof of what his setup did. And he's very open to say that its results were/are not typical.

Why ask a question when you don't want to hear the response??? It's like dealing with the typical irrational woman.

When I tried using my phone as an excuse I was ridiculed, are you saying that you are the exception?

I'm asking for track times in comparison to 350-400whp... thats it.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I'm asking for track times in comparison to 350-400whp... thats it.

Your answer is high 12s and slower. Nothing left to compare without actually comparing weight, power curve, truck setup, etc.... I've seen 400hp trucks that couldn't get out of their own way and I've seen some that would move out. You're question is just so damn broad that to look at it any more than what is being stated in this thread is impossible. Anything in the 13 to 14 second range would be common for someone to promote with outliers in the 12 and 15 second ranges.

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Your answer is high 12s and slower. Nothing left to compare without actually comparing weight, power curve, truck setup, etc.... I've seen 400hp trucks that couldn't get out of their own way and I've seen some that would move out. You're question is just so damn broad that to look at it any more than what is being stated in this thread is impossible. Anything in the 13 to 14 second range would be common for someone to promote with outliers in the 12 and 15 second ranges.

Thats a fair enough answer for me :walkin:

Strokersace

Reaction score
When I tried using my phone as an excuse I was ridiculed, are you saying that you are the exception?

The reason you were ridiculed for your phone excuse was because it wasn't your phone or its app that was keeping you from seeing the info. It wasn't in his sig and was completely visible in his post. Computer or phone.

But I digress... LOL

HRT sums up in 1 post what we've all been trying to tell you ALL ALONG!! It appears you finally got the specific answer you were looking for.

Maybe the dead horse will stop begging for another beating...

Mods should end this one.

The whole thing has been like spending a week with a passive aggressive irrational woman!!

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Dennis from Sinister Diesel was posting 12s with just over 400hp but his truck is super light weight.

something to look into... thanks.

The reason you were ridiculed for your phone excuse was because it wasn't your phone or its app that was keeping you from seeing the info. It wasn't in his sig and was completely visible in his post. Computer or phone.

But I digress... LOL

HRT sums up in 1 post what we've all been trying to tell you ALL ALONG!! It appears you finally got the specific answer you were looking for.

Maybe the dead horse will stop begging for another beating...

Mods should end this one.

The whole thing has been like spending a week with a passive aggressive irrational woman!!

Regardless navigating a multi-page thread on your phone is a PITD. yes, I've gotten the answers I'm looking for, although more is always better.

Latest posts

Members online