How long for egr portion?

Rooftop

Reaction score
I have everything else done as far as weight loss goes. Just unplugged the egr stuff up to this point. Am now ready to get rid of the cooler and install block off plates. Wondering how long this will approximately take. I have an experienced diesel mechanic helping me but he has never done this. Thanks

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
Sounds about right. Do yourself a favor and soak the bolts in WD40 or something similar as long as you can prior to removal. Made it easier for us to get mine out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kxc

Reaction score
Depending if your kit has bypass hoses or not the hardest part is getting the dam quick connect fitting off the firewall. The rest is pretty easy. Make sure you drain down both cooling systems and keep an eye on the level the next couple trips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

04cr450

Reaction score
That fitting on the firewall is a pita.. use 2 long shafted flat blade screwdrivers and get the quick connect off that way. You won't cuss nearly as much doing it this way. The job makes a mess though - I was going nuts when coolant went over my new motor lol, not much you can do about it. simple green cleans it up nice, just saying. Drain all coolant.

NEVRNF

Reaction score
I need to do mine. Previous owner bought it but never installed. It's time for a coolant flush anyways so kill 2 birds with one stone. :D

Daniel@RudysDiesel

Reaction score
That fitting on the firewall is a pita.. use 2 long shafted flat blade screwdrivers and get the quick connect off that way. You won't cuss nearly as much doing it this way. The job makes a mess though - I was going nuts when coolant went over my new motor lol, not much you can do about it. simple green cleans it up nice, just saying. Drain all coolant.

The OP's truck is a 2012 so he wont have to replace the hose your talking about, but for future reference if you have the passenger fender well out it is super easy to get to.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Sounds about right. Do yourself a favor and soak the bolts in WD40 or something similar as long as you can prior to removal. Made it easier for us to get mine out.

oh $hit he said WD-40 !!!

watch out the penetrant police will here shortly to a talk and violate you.

strokin20

Reaction score

While on this subject, i used a zip tie to get mine off.

Rooftop

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies and hints. Bolts are soaking as we speak. Another question for you guys. When you put the block off plate that has the port for the egt sensor. Where does that sensor plug in?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.