How many miles has it taken to clear up white smoke from injector install?

Carolina444

Reaction score
I'm still getting the white/blue smoke from a injector install.. I've had injectors out several times and I'm sure I've got them seated. I'm at 72mi and smoke dosnt seem to clear up. I don't remember it taking this long the last times I've done injectors

Carolina444

Reaction score
I know I'm going to get "did us use the search option" lol

Guess I should have asked if anyone had a truck take longer than the normal 30-60mi to clear up?

PSD POWER007

Reaction score
Usually about 50 miles for me. But I drive the piss out of it in those 50 miles. And it usually takes about 100 miles before the start times are consistent. For me anyway.

Carolina444

Reaction score
I haven't driven it hard really.. Few 3/4 throttle hits to see what the new tunes are like.. Truck runs and starts good but still smoking a lot at idle

mandkole

Reaction score
50 miles is not usually enough to clear up residual oil in the pipes. How much smoke? any miss? hot smoke too? I helped with an install that did not clear up after 100 miles but it had a miss also. One injector was unhappy.

Carolina444

Reaction score
It's a good amount of white/blue smoke and it has that heavy exhaust smell. I don't notice it smoking while driving just at startups and idle. Truck idles smooth and no miss

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
30 minute drive cleans them up. That's with factory cat and muffler...

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Hell, I've even high idled them for an hour or two when at op temp.

On days when I can't test drive

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
My truck took about 30 WOT runs back and fourth down the road with 160/100s. popping/bogging/misfiring and making huge white smoke storms LOL. Thought something was wrong at first but got better better and better. Drove it from the shop it was at to my house (40-50 miles) by the time I got home it was all good.

Last edited:

Carolina444

Reaction score
Guess I'm going to run the piss out of it today and see if it helps.. I drove it to work today and it didn't smoke when I got there but I turned truck off and restarted and it sat there and blew smoke while idling . So I don't know

cbf9703

Reaction score
150ish once.. but that is when i thought you had to be easy on it.. go hammer the dog chit outta it.

live life full throttle

This. Not sure on an actual distance, depends on how we are driving the truck after the install. It always takes longer the easier you are on it, but a 30 minute drive usually does it for me to clear up smoke at idle and long cranking time.

Carolina444

Reaction score
This. Not sure on an actual distance, depends on how we are driving the truck after the install. It always takes longer the easier you are on it, but a 30 minute drive usually does it for me to clear up smoke at idle and long cranking time.

I'm right at a 100mi of normal driving.. Im going to run it hard today and see if that helps

TyCorr

Reaction score
let her get up to temp and go wot till 80mph.. slow down and repeat.

live life full throttle

This will work the best...

also if it doesnt break the tires loose at some point doing this, you need a bigger set of injectors, lol.

Latest posts

Members online