How To Make 6.4 Theft Proof

gman1

Reaction score
I use the Revelco system on mine. They claim not one vehicle was ever stolen with there system installed.

me2

Reaction score
Yes they can. My truck had the Ford PCM, ECU installed and they still bypassed it.

Your truck with the swapped engine ? That is probably because the Cummins ECM wasn't using the SKIM module. The PATS module won't stop the Cummins engine from being (jump) started. The SKIM module is supposed to do that.

The PATS module will stop the 6.4 from being started. No key, no run, as far as I know anyway.

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
Your truck with the swapped engine ? That is probably because the Cummins ECM wasn't using the SKIM module. The PATS module won't stop the Cummins engine from being (jump) started. The SKIM module is supposed to do that.

The PATS module will stop the 6.4 from being started. No key, no run, as far as I know anyway.

I think it was a 12 valve

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
No it was a 06 CR. The Ford factory control modules were still on the truck. My security system was still active. My truck did not come with a smart key. The earliest of the 08 SD did not have that set up yet. Hence a stolen truck.

tommyboy#1

Reaction score
Won't this damage the HPFP if you run without it on ?

The main reason i did it was i got sick of the airdog running when i was changing tunes. But even so ide rather replace my hpfp then lose all the money already put into mods etc. Also fwiw ive seen alot of these trucks run dry and brought to my shop and only once destroyed the pump but contamination from the tank caused that.

Extended Power

Reaction score
Don't leave your registration in the vehicle either...

Anyone breaking into your truck now knows where you live...and that your not at home. (If your parked at an airport)

I put a strip of black tape over the VIN number in the windshield so you can't see it. (Guys have called dealerships saying they locked their keys/lost their keys, and here is the VIN...can you make me another key please?)

DON'T use your remote to unlock your truck at a hotel/motel/airport. Theives are now using scanners to "see", and remember the frequency of your remote, and use it when you go inside...(Lost items mostly...unless they have lots of time to work the ignition switch.)

Theft never seems to happen to the people who WANT their truck to go missing...

El chupacabra

Reaction score
my9y9ugy.jpg

-Jake-

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.