How To Make 6.4 Theft Proof

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Help make this country an eye for an eye justice system. That will cut back on a lot of everything

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
my9y9ugy.jpg

-Jake-

I approve!

cory151

Reaction score
Help make this country an eye for an eye justice system. That will cut back on a lot of everything

The US justice system dont mean squat when the truck ends up in another sovereign country (Mexico). I just had a guy who used to work for MNSF who said the cops in Mexico do have lojack, but because they beep non stop due to the massive number of stolen cars, the cops just turn them off.

cory151

Reaction score
I use the Revelco system on mine. They claim not one vehicle was ever stolen with there system installed.

Thanks for the info after some research I found this to be the best of my options, the guy is gonna come install tomorrow and it totals out to just over $500.00

I asked they guy and he said they still have not had a vehicle stolen (where the owner didnt leave the Revelco in the plug).

me2

Reaction score
The US justice system dont mean squat when the truck ends up in another sovereign country (Mexico). I just had a guy who used to work for MNSF who said the cops in Mexico do have lojack, but because they beep non stop due to the massive number of stolen cars, the cops just turn them off.

Would you want to track down a stolen vehicle in Mexico ?

I don't think its possible to start an O8 or newer that has the chipped key without having the key. The ECM needs a CAN message from the PATS module in order to run the engine. No key = no message = no ECM = no run.

That being the case, the only way to lose an 08+ is by having someone tow it. If that is the case, I want a hidden GPS tracker in it. Not a LoJack, because that relies on someone else. I want to know myself where my truck is.

cory151

Reaction score
Most every manufacturer, whether domestic or foreign uses this type system. Embedded in the head of the vehicle’s ignition key is a miniature RFID Transponder Chip which contains one of a trillion possible electronic codes. When the key is inserted into the vehicle’s ignition, the transponder sends a signal to a disc shaped antenna surrounding the key cylinder housing behind the shroud on the steering column. The antenna then relays a signal to the control module and if the signal is correctly recognized, the vehicle is allowed to start. If access is attempted without the correct code, critical systems (ignition, starter) remain inoperable. This all sounds good on paper but all this system does is keep honest people honest, because it is very easy to bypass. The thieves are now using laptop computers with recorded RF codes to bypass them in about 20 seconds, which is probably why the factory installs these systems for free. Sadly, many car dealers tell their customers that because of this special transponder chip in their key that the car cannot be stolen.

me2

Reaction score
Most every manufacturer, whether domestic or foreign uses this type system. Embedded in the head of the vehicle’s ignition key is a miniature RFID Transponder Chip which contains one of a trillion possible electronic codes. When the key is inserted into the vehicle’s ignition, the transponder sends a signal to a disc shaped antenna surrounding the key cylinder housing behind the shroud on the steering column. The antenna then relays a signal to the control module and if the signal is correctly recognized, the vehicle is allowed to start. If access is attempted without the correct code, critical systems (ignition, starter) remain inoperable. This all sounds good on paper but all this system does is keep honest people honest, because it is very easy to bypass. The thieves are now using laptop computers with recorded RF codes to bypass them in about 20 seconds, which is probably why the factory installs these systems for free. Sadly, many car dealers tell their customers that because of this special transponder chip in their key that the car cannot be stolen.

A second method of prevention is by using cryptography. Rolling codes and challenge-response authentication (CRA) are commonly used to foil monitor-repetition of the messages between the tag and reader; as any messages that have been recorded would prove to be unsuccessful on repeat transmission. Rolling codes rely upon the tag's id being changed after each interrogation, while CRA uses software to ask for a cryptographically coded response from the tag. The protocols used during CRA can be symmetric, or may use public key cryptography.[76]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio-frequency_identification

smokin99stroke

Reaction score
IMG00208-20100617-1318.jpg

He rides with me most of the time when its cool enough or I'll just leave the AC on for him. Hops right in the driver seat when I get out. Good luck gettin to the steering wheel :gun: Sorry I dont have anything else to add :cool:

Latest posts

Members online