How you purchase injectors..........

The biggest factor you use to decide what brand injector to purchase?

• Warranty

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Price

Votes: 3 3.9%
    Votes: 66 85.7%
  • Recommendation

Votes: 5 6.5%

• Total voters

alradco

Reaction score
I'm just starting the research to get injectors and for me reputation is very important. I have no problem paying more for something that I feel is proven and from someone that is known to stand behind their product.

bruce

Reaction score
Seems like reputation is pretty important, how does vision even sell any injectors? The ones they sell don't seem to have the best reputation.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Seems like reputation is pretty important, how does vision even sell any injectors? The ones they sell don't seem to have the best reputation.

The boys at Vision have backed those injectors with there customer service, which has helped...

From what I know, they have switched suppliers as of late, but I'll let them comment to that.

thuglike

Reaction score
Vision is very proactive in selling high quality products. They never seem to rest on what's "good enough" always looking to expand their product line and they always listen to customers.

At least that's what I've seen in my dealings with them.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I think for me, price and warranty has the least to do with the decision.

Pretty much all 7.3L injectors, similarly sized, are within a few hundred dollars of each other. That may be important if you are on an extremely tight budget, but it may come back to bite you later if you make a decision based solely on price.

Warranty is only as good as the person standing behind it. This is why reputation is the biggest factor for me. As stated above, if a part is going to fail due to manufacturer defects, it will be in a relatively short period of time. This is why warranties do not need to be extremely long, in my opinion. What really matters is that you can get the seller/manufacturer to work with you, should warranty ever become an issue.

Reputation is key. With reputation, the sales will come, regardless of price or warranty.

Keep doing what you are doing Tim. It is working just fine.

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
First, thanks to everyone for voting and for your input.

We do not plan to change anything we are currently doing. We are still plugging away with R&D and never plan to stop. We hope to have a new product release in the near future to show.

My curiosity has been recently sparked by a rash of inquiries about two things, A) our warranty and B) our pricing.

I feel our warranty is for the few times we have an issue with a freshly installed injector. It happens. Every injector well ship is flow tested under numerous situational tests. But every once in a while when a injector is installed in a vehicle it is just not happy. This is where our warranty comes into place.

I have no dog in the 2 year, 5 year, lifetime warranty fight. Obviously no matter what we could offer someone has something as good or better. We warranty our product from defect, and thats what warranty does.

Secondly we get numerous calls asking if we will sell X product for Y price......?

We offer what we feel the best product you can purchase, and at what I feel a very affordable price. Are we the cheapest, not by a long shot. Do we offer value for what you get? I would say absolutely.

Again thank you all for the kind words and we plan to continue to build the best product we can at an affordable price.

cw96stroker

Reaction score
Always had my mind set on getting a set of Unlimited's injectors because of the super good reputation they have held over the years and how they deal with their customers. But when the time came and I had injectors go out I had read so many good things about P.I.S, I was curious, so I ended up calling Tim.... and went ahead an bought a set from him. Price seemed right in the ball park for me especially if i was going to get top notch customer service along with them. I've had them in for 10k miles now and havent had a problem yet. Have called Tim a couple times and as mentioned, he did not treat me like I was bothering him or that he was too busy for me.

So I would say that service is definitely the big deal for me, how injector builders treat their customers, and stand behind their products.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
First, thanks to everyone for voting and for your input.

We do not plan to change anything we are currently doing. We are still plugging away with R&D and never plan to stop. We hope to have a new product release in the near future to show.

My curiosity has been recently sparked by a rash of inquiries about two things, A) our warranty and B) our pricing.

I feel our warranty is for the few times we have an issue with a freshly installed injector. It happens. Every injector well ship is flow tested under numerous situational tests. But every once in a while when a injector is installed in a vehicle it is just not happy. This is where our warranty comes into place.

I have no dog in the 2 year, 5 year, lifetime warranty fight. Obviously no matter what we could offer someone has something as good or better. We warranty our product from defect, and thats what warranty does.

Secondly we get numerous calls asking if we will sell X product for Y price......?

We offer what we feel the best product you can purchase, and at what I feel a very affordable price. Are we the cheapest, not by a long shot. Do we offer value for what you get? I would say absolutely.

Again thank you all for the kind words and we plan to continue to build the best product we can at an affordable price.

I'm assuming some of this is coming from the email I sent you last week... I have a lot of people ask me what to buy, and when I find a product that works good (such as your injectors) I recommend them...

Time and time again they would come back and ask be about warranty, and I always want to show them the clip from Tommy Boy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEB7WbTTlu4

But I dont... LOL

I will still recommend P.I.S for anyone looking for injectors...

Tom S

Reaction score
I have been in a couple of shops injector rooms but it has been a while. The thought that always went through my mind was is the person building those injectors as particular as I am about my truck. Clean organized and detail orientated is a big deal to me. I would love to see photos from a few shops in the area where injectors are built and tested.

Reaction score
Haven't bought a set yet but from searching injector builders and looking on the fourms I'm pretty positive I'm going with pis as I heard good things about their customer service and about the quality of Thier product!

Powerstroke 7.3 work in progress !!!! Yfz450 intake exhaust jets + lots of other goodies!!!
Vw jetta tdi straight piped 55 mpgs!!

HKusp

Reaction score
For my money it is first reputation and then followed very closely by recommendation. The recommendation part is from people I trust to be "in-the-know". Reputation comes from a large number of people, some of whom know what they are talking about, then some who are just regurgitating what they have heard, but that is what puts a particular seller on the radar so to speak. Then I start asking questions of people who have knowledge of a particular product first hand, or who deal with them professionally.

In the case of injectors, I had been hearing good things about P.I.S. and then I contacted Justin at DP tuner and asked him some point blank questions. I liked his answers and the price point was where it needed to be for me to make a decision. I am happy with my purchase because of the reputation you have built Tim, and because of my several years of dealing with DP and their fantastic customer service. If they endorse you, it works for me, so far I have not been disappointed.

Joe's Tommy Boy reference is not lost on me. Every time I hear or think about warranty claims, that scene pops into my head.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online