How's every ones 6.4 stock tranny holdin up?

6.4psd916

Reaction score
Mine is still doing Okay at 110k, I haven't been overly hard on it for the last year since it slipped at the track after 50+ passes, but has still survived. When new trans time comes, its getting a used stocker. I can go through 4+ stockers at the power levels I'll be staying at and still be ahead $ wise.

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
I tuned and deleted mine at 80k. Been running Spartan 300 and 275. I take it pretty easy on her.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Owned it since 20k and now has 111,xxx and directs are hating life at WOT. Single turbo has only been on for 1500 mi, before that 300hd files, no limit fab goodies, and exhaust.

trevorpschield

Reaction score
You all have very good luck. Me not so much. I bought my truck bone stock with 101,000. The owner owned a construction company and this was his daily driver to all the different job sites. Truck has never been abused, looks brand new to this day. The hardest that truck worked was hauling his 5th wheel up to the mountains when he went hunting every year. So maybe 5-6 times. I deleted the truck and ran gear head tunes as soon as I bought it. It's my dd and I have no head studs so I never ran over the hot street tune. Tranny held fine the first couple weeks, after that it would get stuck in 4th gear. You would have to put it in neutral and back to drive to get it to come out of 4th. It stayed like this for about another month until I started drag racing, then it went south quick. Come to find out, if your third gear clutch pack is smocked the truck will get stuck in 4th because the truck is sensing something wrong in third. Eventually the truck would not even go when it got into third, it would wind up and slow down. Then the tranny went into limp mode and that causes it to not shift out of 4th gear. I have about 15 passes at the drag strip, and I'm pretty easy on it other then that since this truck ls very thirsty. So now it's getting a built tranny. The tranny guy said that third is completely smoked and the od cluthes were on there way out. So goes to show that not all stock trannys are equal.

Kedstrokin

Reaction score
My converter slips about 25-30% if you do half throttle or more once locked everything else is good 61000 been tuned since 47000. I'm really not that hard on the truck baby it most of the time. I guess between the spartan 300, 37s, and 3.55 gears something's gotta give.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Csilva187

Reaction score
60k w/ me. It's now behind a edge tuned 6.0... I give it less then a year lol.

Latest posts

Members online