HPx Data

PatriotHauling

Reaction score
I got my HPX from Clay at Riffraff Diesel a few weeks ago. I installed it and immediately said "wow, this is different."

I was prompted to purchase it because my idle was a little rough, and after getting my hands on an AE discovered my PERDELs were high, but not nearly out of range. Even number 8 was behaving.

So I dropped some cash on the HPX and decided, what the heck,

After installing it, I knew something had changed. I even told another member (acf) as I was doing an AE run, "I dont care what the data says, its better."

Well the data backs me up. The AE is showing substantial reduction in HPOP pressure spikes.

I have attached a graph from the idle test. Unfortunately, due to varying road conditions (even on the same stretch of road) the 55mph and 70mph runs were both inconclusive due to several anomalies in the data that rendered them useless.

Attachments

• HPX ICP.jpg
    HPX ICP.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 101

mandkole

Reaction score
The graphed data does not surprise me one bit.

I used one on the OBS and I noticed a difference at idle right away. Ive often wondered what would happen if you plumbed the two sides to each other at every port (with exception of the supply ports). Ive always thought that the high frequency movement of the injector flow would become increasingly more turbulent as you move away from the pump, so having the additional (and less turbulent) volume between the heads may benefit. On the other hand, maybe not.

I can get all of the parts for free, so I may to stop thinking about it....

skylinedan

Reaction score
I got one years ago, and I could tell the difference. I think today with my set up it's a good deal that helps with smoothness.

01PSD

Reaction score
Told ya it was good ;) got Strictly's and I noticed the exact same thing after the switch. Watched the pressure before installing and after, there was definitely a noticeable difference sound wise and on the graph.

Latest posts

Members online