Hutch & Harpoon mod

Biscuit88

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm new to Power Stroke Army and the diesel world. Forgive for being a noob, but what exactly is the Hutch & Harpoon mod?

bruce

Reaction score
hutch mod is where you remove any possible way for air to be introduced into the fuel system by removing the mixing chamber to reduce turbulance. harpoon is where you cut off the internal vent hose flush in the tank so you can almost all the fuel in without the fuel handle kickin off
http://www.guzzle7pt3.com/hutch.php

Last edited:

mandkole

Reaction score
They arent 'must' dos, but they are mods that fix little issues and dont cost much but time. I did mine on the earlier truck when the fuel tank was apart for something more important. Welcome and enjoy your PSD!

Southmike

Reaction score
what year truck..do you have .
another mod that has been forever on my list is the dremel to the fuel port...
darn thing does not take bigger pumps.

Southmike

Reaction score
that may be for you as well my 99 does not take large pumps..
and if your cup holder has a bunch of small rubber fingers that hold nothing..upgrade that bad boy.....best mod on my truck truck yet.

Reaction score
the hutch mod takes the screen in the tank out of the system...in return it lets you run your tank down to empty with out letting air be sucked in rather then at 1/4 tank with the screen...the harpoon allows you to fill with a big truck nozzle at full speed...

Last edited:

7.34ever

Reaction score
No hutch mod here and I use the big pump all the time....idk.

Definitely looks like something I need to do tho!

bruce

Reaction score
The hutch mod has nothin to do with the big nozzle. Also the big nozzle will fit in all the trucks it just doesn't vent well enough to let you fill it wide open and then kicks of at like 25 gallons and you have to baby the next 3-4 gallons in there.

Latest posts

Members online