Hutch & Harpoon mod

ToMang07

Reaction score
The hutch mod has nothin to do with the big nozzle. Also the big nozzle will fit in all the trucks it just doesn't vent well enough to let you fill it wide open and then kicks of at like 25 gallons and you have to baby the next 3-4 gallons in there.

I've heard some people complain that they had to cut the plate out in the fill receptacle because the big nozzles didn't fit.....mine does without issue....just saying that some have reported the issue.

TyCorr

Reaction score
You can buy a fitting from a newer truck that will let you shove the bigger fill nozzles in and they'll stay.

dsberman94

Reaction score
my 02 fits the bigger nozzle and it will flow perfectly the whole time. never trips the pump to stop. i think that the issues with this was another e99 problem.

TyCorr

Reaction score
my 02 fits the bigger nozzle and it will flow perfectly the whole time. never trips the pump to stop. i think that the issues with this was another e99 problem.

Nope. The 7.3 tanks all had the same "hole". My 00 will physically take the larger nozzles but it just barely stays in there. My 03 had one of those quarter turn and lock caps and filler neck :shrug: 00 has a screw in neck.

As for the tank mods, my 03 did the gurgle and burp bs just like my 00. I ashamedly only did those mods this.past winter while I had my truck apart. It fills nicer. That top off process used to suck. Now i can punch all 38 in quick.

Maybe the PO of your truck modded the tank.

dsberman94

Reaction score
possible. im surprised it hasn't gone wrong yet like everything else they've done though. and i mean everything. they haven't done hutch or harpoon to my knowledge though.

TyCorr

Reaction score
You'd know. It will take you a minute for.each.gallon after the fuel.reaches the neck.because the vent and filler are way lower than the head of the tank.

dsberman94

Reaction score
oh duh. no they haven't done harpoon and i guarantee no hutch either. im dumb and should have known that about the last few gallons taking 20 minutes to put in because i froze my nuts off yesterday trying to get the last few gallons in. im exagerating about the time of course but thats how long it seemed as major shrinkage was happening. i don't like cold while wearing fancy pants.

Tttahoe1

Reaction score
the E99 had the small hole with a flapper just like the unleaded gas tanks..the large nozzle will not fit in... i punched mine out with a air chisel when i did the hutch and harpoon...99,5-03 had the large hole....

Confirming Ron's guidance: early 99 has small hole with"unleaded flapper ". Will not take "big" nozzle

Latest posts

Members online