attachment.jpg

Attachments

• Hypermax Rocker Arms.JPG
    Hypermax Rocker Arms.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 481

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Interesting...

Obviously not for the mild build, but for those still trying to push things to new limits, its great piece of mind.

The adjustment will also come in handy also.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Jason they look really nice. They also look like they are built to be adjusted. Do they say if they need to be adjusted every now and then? Or are they like the factory one where you bolt them in and leave them. For a DD it would be a pain to have to adjust them every know and then. But for competition use it would not be as much trouble. I guess that to depends on how often you tear into things to make sure there still good.

I am guessing they do not need to be adjusted after the insulation?

Needles to say I was wondering how long it was before a company would do this.

That a lot of money though!!! That the cost of Billet rods!!! But we are talking Hypermax here. All there stuff is above others pricing.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I like that I am seeing more rocker arm options for the 7.3. I know there are several different people that have looked into it, and some are suppose to be getting things made, but I found it interesting that these are just simply a beefed up stocker design with a rounded tip, adjustable lash, and a ball bearing as the fulcrum point, just like the stock units.... that all seems awfully spendy for just a beefier rocker.... I was just curious what everyone else thought.

mandkole

Reaction score
what was the lash adjustment for? did you have solid lifters, or did it just remove some of the tolerance stack lash in the stock system?

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
what was the lash adjustment for? did you have solid lifters, or did it just remove some of the tolerance stack lash in the stock system?

I had solid roller lifters.

Actually I converted the factory hydraulic roller lifters to solid to be more specific.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I like that I am seeing more rocker arm options for the 7.3. I know there are several different people that have looked into it, and some are suppose to be getting things made, but I found it interesting that these are just simply a beefed up stocker design with a rounded tip, adjustable lash, and a ball bearing as the fulcrum point, just like the stock units.... that all seems awfully spendy for just a beefier rocker.... I was just curious what everyone else thought.

This!!!^^^ What can you say? It Hypermax... I have always liked the looks of your rocker arms. What did they cost? Could you not also set them up with the factory hydraulic lifter so they would not need to be adjusted to keep it in specs?? Or with that style do you have to adjust them no matter what?

Jason that picture of under the valve cover was your sled pulling pickup right?
Are those Injectors still the BD-code? Or where they something you made out of BD-code injectors?

For some reason I thought you had hybrids in there. Or did you try multiple injectors styles and that just one of them?

Last edited:

powerstrokenstang

Reaction score
Cheesy way to go billet i think. My solid lifters were way cheaper, all they do is put a lil slug in. I like h max stuff but there prices get a lil crazy sometimes.

PSDEng

Reaction score

IMO I think they put a lot of R&D into a useless product. Not useless in the sense they won't perform as claimed, useless in the sense that there isn't a market for them. Anybody needing a better rocker option for a 7.3 would almost always go to a billet option before going with these. I agree 100%, they're just a beefed up stock rocker.

BTW, Carson is working on rockers right now, just another option to consider.

Reaction score
I had solid roller lifters.

Actually I converted the factory hydraulic roller lifters to solid to be more specific.

Could these roller rockers not be used with the existing hydraulic lifter? What would be the disadvantages of using hydraulic over solid?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Could these roller rockers not be used with the existing hydraulic lifter? What would be the disadvantages of using hydraulic over solid?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Why would you want to spend all that money on rocker arms and not take advantage of the benefits?

Broken stock rocker arms generally mean piston to valve contact. I have never opened up a 7.3 from a pickup that didn't have some indication of piston to valve contact.

To answer your question: sure its possible - if you can figure out how to set the preload on the hydraulic lifters with the adjustment portion, you can use them. I wouldn't spend the money personally.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Why would you want to spend all that money on rocker arms and not take advantage of the benefits?

Broken stock rocker arms generally mean piston to valve contact. I have never opened up a 7.3 from a pickup that didn't have some indication of piston to valve contact.

To answer your question: sure its possible - if you can figure out how to set the preload on the hydraulic lifters with the adjustment portion, you can use them. I wouldn't spend the money personally.

Dont the hydraulic lifters set there own pressures or do they just fill up to a certain point and stop? Ive never really understood how they exactly work.. even with a slightly bent pushrod they wont make up that difference from the bend till it gets to a point to where it cant fill anymore?

live life full throttle

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
IMO I think they put a lot of R&D into a useless product. Not useless in the sense they won't perform as claimed, useless in the sense that there isn't a market for them. Anybody needing a better rocker option for a 7.3 would almost always go to a billet option before going with these. I agree 100%, they're just a beefed up stock rocker.

BTW, Carson is working on rockers right now, just another option to consider.

But on a street truck stand point I see the hmax set being. A lot better than the wipe out ones.