I need help with a dilemma on Shorty and turbos

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
So,

I am having a hard time making a decision on what turbos to put on Shorty.

The truck is a street truck. No cage, so I really just want it to be able to run an 11.5 1/4 mile up here in Denver.

The engine will have Forged pistons, Carrillo long rods, offset stroker crank, Ported heads, etc.

What turbos should I run?

It has Max-Power X's now, but its almost too much, especially for the intended goal.

So I have really been thinking about putting on High-Powers. Any thoughts. High-Powers or MPx? I kinda like the idea of finding the maximum hp from High-Powers.

Truck currently has 150's (75% over) nozzles.

Wayne

Reaction score
Nah, that's the drag truck, and '05 RCLB with a full cage. This is the daily driver. I bet it's a solid 8 months + before the drag truck is revived.

BFT

Reaction score
Nathanial tried getting me to do the 82 when I was doing the HP turbos. HP's alone will get you there with a little bit of fuel

Wayne

Reaction score
In all seriousness, I vote high power X.
Wtf is wrong with that thing?
Bring your truck up here, and you'll be wondering the same thing LOL. The truck ran good after 2800 rpm's with that setup, but was absolutely worthless below that rpm range. It made 800+ on the dyno earlier the same day the vid was taken, so it's not like it was "broken".

Jhaddox

Reaction score
I would hate living up there I can push the single turbo where im at without an issue

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.