i wanna crack 800 hp.... on a budget

kamikaze jr

Reaction score
lookin for a realistic 650-700 hp enough to be competitive at the strip anmd driveable on the weekends to go ridin or campin

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
Let me say this.

800rwhp on ANY PLATFORM!! Is not going to be cheap. PERIOD. Anybody who thinks X,Y,Z motor makes 800hp for 5K is FULL OF SH!T.

Whatchu talking about bro? My '96 12v is pushing close to 900 with nothing more than a fuel plate delete.

lookin for a realistic 650-700 hp enough to be competitive at the strip anmd driveable on the weekends to go ridin or campin

Have you ever ridden in a 650-700hp 7.3? Or any vehicle for that matter?

kamikaze jr

Reaction score
i understand tha its not gonna be cheaop im lookin for a way to do it at a pace mod by mod not jus dump $20,000 all at once

smoker00

Reaction score
OK

fast 400+cc/400% injectors
big oil bts twin or
head work/springs/p-rods
cut pistons
built rods
fuel system A1000 or something like that
half fill block
studs head and main, girdle
fire ringed
single turbo with gates and spray or compounds gates and spray
live tuning
IDM.
cam..

That will get you started.

and all the other stuff to hold the drivetrain togeather..

91turbogsx

Reaction score
I can make 1000 hp out of a 7.3 on a budget easily. The word budget could mean anything. Just means there is a "do not exceed" number. So yes you can make 800 hp on a budget. Just all depends on what that budget is.

Reaction score
Find a different platform!!! so much easier and cheaper to give up on the 7.3 and move on to something newer. This coming from a guy that has 35k in a 7.3! to build a 7.3 to that level requires a true love and passion for that motor. to do it and do it right takes lots of time and deep pockets.

Reaction score
Mostly from paying to have everything done. And that includes the BTS. Cryo'd block and crank, girdle, billet rods, Mahle pistons, having pistons cut, fire ring, push rods, springs,t4 kit,s468, billet stealth,300/400s plus the fuel system. And other little things like live tuning, 6.0 Trans cooler, nitrous parts. Stuff adds up fast.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
What is the budget limit?

800hp motor easy peasy.... $2k for injectors, 2k for turbo, 1500ish for hpop's, 1k on fuel system.. $6500ish you have 800ish hp...

keeping it and the rest of the drivetrain to hold is the hard part..

Push rods, valve springs, studs, piston work, bed plate/girdle, and transmission...

Axle work likely...

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.