Ideas for ccv hose

Reaction score
i get what you are saying and it also depends on what material is being used as a filter.. i spent a few years helping a guy build a few bbc motors that delt with steve morris racing out of michigan and we found that it needs and benefits it to have some sort of vacuum on it..

live life full throttle

Yeah but that's on a gas motor with low tension rings. These motors don't run low tension rings.

I agree that a motor will run better with vacuum in the crankcase but I'm simply stating that these motors don't require vacuum and most properly sized catch cans won't hurt anything.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Yeah but that's on a gas motor with low tension rings. These motors don't run low tension rings.

I agree that a motor will run better with vacuum in the crankcase but I'm simply stating that these motors don't require vacuum and most properly sized catch cans won't hurt anything.
i understand completely.. but if any sort of restriction is present with the homade cans with a "sponge" or the like, as a filter, then it will push out through the weakest seal. normally the turbo seal.. it would have to be huge in order for it to be free flowing and not get soaked in oil residue.. im just simply stating that it needs to be correctly set up as you did.. if its to small then it needs vacuum to pull it out.

live life full throttle

Jmuck

Reaction score
the can would have to be incredibly small for it to cause a pressure build up and or already bad rings to build that much pressure to go back into the intake and hurt a turbo seal, I've never seen or heard of such a thing happening, granted I'm not by any means saying I've seen it all, but I just don't see it. A filtered catch can even a tiny one, wouldn't cause anything like that. The sponge and steel wool are simply on there to help catch the residue and vapors, there would also be a small filter on it like you use on a valve cover. Also the hose and or hoses routed to the catch can add volume to the system.

BTW Steve Morris is the f@$&^% man.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
the can would have to be incredibly small for it to cause a pressure build up and or already bad rings to build that much pressure to go back into the intake and hurt a turbo seal, I've never seen or heard of such a thing happening, granted I'm not by any means saying I've seen it all, but I just don't see it. A filtered catch can even a tiny one, wouldn't cause anything like that. The sponge and steel wool are simply on there to help catch the residue and vapors, there would also be a small filter on it like you use on a valve cover. Also the hose and or hoses routed to the catch can add volume to the system.

BTW Steve Morris is the f@$&^% man.
you should see his procharger and tt builds.. ***in insane..

live life full throttle

Jmuck

Reaction score
you should see his procharger and tt builds.. ***in insane..

live life full throttle

I have, follow his stuff regularly. Spoke with them a few times. Super nice guys. The job they've done with Bailey's drag week caris just off the chain.

Swsignal5

Reaction score
I didn't even put the hose on. I put the Barb fitting on the valve cover and called it a day

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

JSJ4613

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
The Racor 4500 or 6000 series crankcase filters are a good option. Mount it on a frame rail, run th4 hose, and it will kill the biggest majority of the smell.
That is exactly what I have,I purchassed it new from a ebay vendor.I have the 4500 series.NO more smell,and clean underside of truck.

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
Jeez man, those are pricey. Is that really as awesome as the entry price? Don't care about spendingng it, if it works. I know other guys say this truck looks like it's on fire and people tell them smoke coming from under truck. Just trying to figure whether to leave factory ccv box with cheap h and s adaptor or something like that Racor..

Latest posts

Members online