Idm issues.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Glad I'm allowed back today as I'm having a fairly serious issue. Truck threw a cel, ran a scan with my insight and it came up idm codes detected p1316. Light stays on for a while then turns off then comes back on again. Seems to be randomly doing it. No set amount of time on or off. So last night on my way home from work I stopped and got a new idm and put it in. Now is where the problem starts. Last night I took it or a drive around the block and the light wasn't in. The light only comes on when I'm on my way to work when it's hot out. On my way home late at night when it's cool it stays off. Now with this new idm the light is still on today. Idk where to start with it. I'll check anything when I get it home later today.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Ok will do when I get home. Unfortunately I left the house to go to school for graduation commencement and about half way here it started acting up again. So I just drove the rest of the way here and I'll have to drive it back home again. But I'll pull the valve covers when I get home I guess.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
That's what I meant. But I can do it without it making a huge mess.

Yes I just did this 3 days ago on dads 7.3. It will spit a little oil down onto the manifolds but nothing crazy. The spill ports will dump on the valley side of the head but there will be a little spirt that will spit out from the center of the injector towards the top that will just make it over the lip on the head and onto the manifold.

Last edited:

dsberman94

Reaction score
haha yeah I'll trade ya! I have a front cover on a 6.0(cavitated, and new water pump), probably a hpop on a 7.3, rough running 6.0 I gotta fix, and a 6.4 I have to rebuild(cracked piston)(not mine!!!).

I'd do the hoop if I was getting paid. Mine is still running after 5k miles so I must have find something right.

dsberman94

Reaction score
I'm not saying the old idm isn't corroded but I'm definitely returning the part store one once I get it back out of there.
4dbc615bc00ad8c741858feeb9c7466e.jpg
8a56540bcf20c2b09b58408983106849.jpg
7bb7ec264e5bfa0b1c10c99b19102d5e.jpg

Anyone know if you can get the UVCH alone or do you have to buy the gasket with it at $70 each? Just wondering. Haven't touched it yet. Just looked at the plugs going into the valve cover and they're all tight. I'll grab the meter Sunday and actually start checking.

TyCorr

Reaction score
The wiring and the gasket arent together. Never have been, never will.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Well my testing got delayed. Had a big day graduation college so I didn't get around to it. It's up at the girlfriends now, actually quite a bit closer to powerstroker08. I'll tear it apart in the garage tomorrow and start doing to tests. Don't need another nasty sunburn from doing it in my yard again.

Latest posts

Members online