Idm issues.

Arisley

Reaction score
Berman, first, make sentences, it is really hard to read.

Second, swap the suspected bad injector with another one. See if the issue follows the injector or stays with the same cylinder. If it follows the injector, problem solved, bad injector. If not, you have some more troubleshooting to do.

Remember to evacuate the cylinders before installing injectors. If you don't, you problems could multiply X10.

Arisley

Reaction score
Yep. He is our one and only Berman though, as long as he is being nice, so will I.

I also feel for anybody with a sick dinosaur.

dsberman94

Reaction score
I'm just trying to make sure that's actually the problem before I completely get rid of these pod split shots and move up to some hybrids. But I don't want to drop upwards of $2k and then still have the problem.

TyCorr

Reaction score
So dont. Send them in and have them checked out/flowed.

You realize a set of remanned ad's are a grand? You realize a 160/stock is 1100?

Why in the fark would you buy injectors that increase power output? Require tons of $$$ support mods?

You need to get "turn the key and start" injectors. Like stock.

You wanna see how little maintenance has been done on that truck? Throw some power at it. Got a bts or twisted sitting in your parts pile? Oh, got your valves/springs/p-rods installed to kerp that 38r from lifting those heads?

You're right, it'd be extremely stupid to throw 2k $ injectors in there.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Whatever I get can be tuned back. And the turbo is wastegated. Seems to be right at 25 iirc. Don't really pay attention to it anymore. And if I'm correctly remembering what I read on what site last night, swamps says you don't need studs for a 200/80. Which again can be tuned back however far me or the tuner feel is needed. Am I wrong for dropping that much money for injectors, possibly, but that doesn't mean that it won't be worth it years later when I won't have to buy injectors again. I've got the HPoil to support them. Fuel pressure is fine on these so those injectors tuned back should be fine also.

TyCorr

Reaction score
That would be a 200/30....

A 200/80 could make 500hp. So could a 30% but not the way anyone is going to tune it..

psduser1

Reaction score
Whatever I get can be tuned back. And the turbo is wastegated. Seems to be right at 25 iirc. Don't really pay attention to it anymore. And if I'm correctly remembering what I read on what site last night, swamps says you don't need studs for a 200/80. Which again can be tuned back however far me or the tuner feel is needed. Am I wrong for dropping that much money for injectors, possibly, but that doesn't mean that it won't be worth it years later when I won't have to buy injectors again. I've got the HPoil to support them. Fuel pressure is fine on these so those injectors tuned back should be fine also.
Yrs later? Your special.
Buy the #uckin injectors you can use, now.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I just think he has enough **** goin on that throwing 5 hundo worth of fuel at it is butt ***kin retarded. Im sure the 200k mile bone stock 4r100 will looooove that.

dsberman94

Reaction score
I just think he has enough **** goin on that throwing 5 hundo worth of fuel at it is butt ***kin retarded. Im sure the 200k mile bone stock 4r100 will looooove that.

Been rebuilt. Only thing majorly upgraded is the torque converter but there aren't 200k miles on it. There's not even 20k since the last one.

psduser1

Reaction score
You can break a 4r with stock injectors.
Berman needs something to drive, dependably. A 250hp engine is perfect.

A tune is enough. When that's working, go buy a toy. If he can't swing that, he can't afford horsepower.

That's all there is to it.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Well no matter what is it pretty much certain that it's a bad injector? I'll still swap it tomorrow just to be sure but is that the general consensus?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yes. To not send the set as a whole is asking for even bigger trouble.

dsberman94

Reaction score
So then maybe I'll just send them all to get tested instead of screwing around swapping them. Guess I'll make a couple phone calls tomorrow and see if any of the local shops use somewhere close or if I should maybe just send them to one of the site sponsors.

Arisley

Reaction score
Send them to a sponsor, not the same one you bought them from. I kinda actually agree with you to a certain point, if you can get them built into some small hybrids, go for it. Don't jack with getting big hybrids.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Send them to a sponsor, not the same one you bought them from. I kinda actually agree with you to a certain point, if you can get them built into some small hybrids, go for it. Don't jack with getting big hybrids.

whats your definition of big? 200 would be as big as id go on them, with probably 80 nozzles. is that too big? ive been told by PIS i think it was that he would rather me just buy new from them rather than have mine converted to hybrids. but i see rosewood has the option to have mine converted. id like to use rosewood again but since i used them last time i assume that would be a no go. and i just happened to hop on facebook and noticed barder selling some 238/100s for a pretty decent price built by powerstruck for 1575. which is cheaper than going with rosewoods 200s. but if the price is right...? not planning on making big power at the moment but those sticks sound like a decent option.

TyCorr

Reaction score
The little problems you have will become bigger problems with more fuel. Who are you going to have retune it? Get that lined up BEFORE you pull the trigger.