Injectors with PMRs

Reaction score
So there seems to be a growing trend for more and more people running larger injectors on pmr motors. I am in need of injectors mine are getting worn and i believe they have some damage from my hpop grenading. I have been doing some research and am going to go with casserly 250cc hybrids but am undecided on nozzle size between a 100 and a 200. From a tuner stand point which nozzle will provide me with the most control over the torque curve which would keep cylinder pressure as low as possible? Also how will the 200 be on mileage and drivability?

It will be on a stock turbo for a short while then i will put a 38r on it. I would prefer not to blow the motor up but if so i have the funds to replace it. I am currently looking for a forged rod motor out of a junkyard to replace it with, so as soon as that is found ill swap them out.

I currently have beans tunes but have though about possibly switching to gearhead, he seems to have a great track record for keeping motors alive

2000wa250

Reaction score
If you're going with big fuel go with the 200% nozzles. They will allow you to get fuel in faster and limit the torque curve. Also everyone with 100% nozzles that I have seen lately has had issues with tuning getting them dialed in

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
Personally I wouldn't go with anything bigger than a 200/30 on PMR's, but that's just me. I like to know I can roll into the throttle and not worry about it

Reaction score
Well the reason with 250, as soon as i can find a forged rod motor i will be swapping them out and using the full potential of the injectors but, they will be DETUNED for the time being with the pmr motor. Im just curious, whether a yall think a 100 or 200 percent nozzle with be better for keeping the cylinder pressures to a minimum.

Reaction score
If you're going with big fuel go with the 200% nozzles. They will allow you to get fuel in faster and limit the torque curve. Also everyone with 100% nozzles that I have seen lately has had issues with tuning getting them dialed in

This is exactly my thinking, plus i wouldnt have to have the nozzles swapped later down the road when i go with a bigger turbo. Really the 100 give tuning problems? How would the mileage suffer with the 200?

2000wa250

Reaction score
You can very easily detune to keep it alive. I made 560+ HP with under a grand torque with the 250/200's. Wasn't happy with that but it is possible to tune with low torque with those injectors.

Reaction score
You can very easily detune to keep it alive. I made 560+ HP with under a grand torque with the 250/200's. Wasn't happy with that but it is possible to tune with low torque with those injectors.

How is your mileage? Do you tune your own truck? How is your idle?

2000wa250

Reaction score
Haven't payed attention to mileage in awhile. Yes I tune it myself. Idles not bad. Needs some work but for a rough tune its not bad at all.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
I would use an 80 or 200% nozzle. Not a 100.

Personally the bigger nozzle allows you to move the power further up in the RPM range which helps CP.

That an less PW to inject the same amount of fuel. If you plan on eventually going to a forged rod motor just go with 200% nozzles

Reaction score

Personally the bigger nozzle allows you to move the power further up in the RPM range which helps CP.

That an less PW to inject the same amount of fuel. If you plan on eventually going to a forged rod motor just go with 200% nozzles

Just wondering why not the 100 nozzle?
Yeah all that makes sense, but how is your fuel mileage? I currently still have to daily drive it.

2000wa250

Reaction score
No worse than with stock injectors. Best I've gotten was 19 with these sticks.

CurtisF

Reaction score
I've you're eventually getting a built motor, and combine that with a 250 cc injector, go with the 200% nozzle. Nothing like having fuel on tap, but neutering that injector with a smaller nozzle.

250/200's, good tuning, and you'll be happy. Mine is still going strong after more than a year and a half, and 30K+ miles. It runs great, idles like an OBS, and mileage is the same as it was with stock injectors. Difference is I have a ton of power on tap, and my EGT's are extremely low. This is the best tow pig I've ever driven.

OSCS

Reaction score

Ding ding ding.. We have a winner! 80 or 200 is the way to go. Get yourself a set of 250/200 and tune it accordingly. Once you get you forged rod motor in youll be happy you did.

Latest posts

Members online