(Insert cleaver build thread name here) Build Thread

Stroked777

Reaction score
Alrighty, I'll be ordering parts soon. My list is HD Pistons from RCD w/ coated tops, valve reliefs, and zero gap second ring. Performance lifters from Side action diesel. Cam from RCD, while engine seal and gasket kit from sunrise ford. New oil cooler. Anything else I should add to the list for the build. Remember performance mods will come down the road

sootie

Reaction score
there are no clearance issues with 6.0 manis. for the price, i would get new standard arps. talk to Morgan @ Midwest about torquing procedures to avoid cracking the block.

Stroked777

Reaction score
Well found some wiggle room in the budget (aka talked to the fiancé and it was her idea) to get a billet single 66 from Midwest Diesel. So next time the truck is running it will be with a single

Stroked777

Reaction score
Hopefully soon I can tear into the motor I bought for 600 to see what else I'll need. All I'm waiting on is my friend to buy a house so I have a place to rebuild it LOL LOL. Atleast he closes on it I less than thirty days. I hope to have it running before winter

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Well found some wiggle room in the budget (aka talked to the fiancé and it was her idea) to get a billet single 66 from Midwest Diesel. So next time the truck is running it will be with a single

you are going to love the billet S366, I love mine its awesome to drive very fast bottom end spool up,cool egts (1350 WOT) and awesome top end and the quality of the kit is top.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Get a looser converter while the motor is out, it will make your experience with a single much better at that elevation.. The difference between spooling a 66 like nothing and having a smokey mess is really only a couple hundred rpm difference on the stall speed. 2000-2200 would really help

Stroked777

Reaction score
Little update. Finally got my truck out of my apartment complex parking lot and to my buddies house. Moving the new to me motor over there after work today and then tearing it down tomorrow. Also ordering my lifters from side action diesel today and possibly all my seals and gaskets from sunrise

Reaction score
Little update. Finally got my truck out of my apartment complex parking lot and to my buddies house. Moving the new to me motor over there after work today and then tearing it down tomorrow. Also ordering my lifters from side action diesel today and possibly all my seals and gaskets from sunrise

Thank you for your business Austin! good luck on your build :jammin:

Stroked777

Reaction score
Well got the engine torn down a bit last night. Got the back cover off, and front cover off, oil cooler out and the turbo pedestal. What worries me was when I took the drain plug off there was a bit of metal shavings on the magnet of the plug. As of right now I'm not sure where it came from, when I picked it up the K16 pump actually kinda exploded. So I guess it could have came from that

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.