Installed FTE resonator

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
Got tired of the flopro 5" straight pipe real quick after the MPD s365 single kit. It was obnoxiously loud. So i decided to throw in a 30" FTE resonator right after the pipe goes to 5". well it quieted it down for sure! i mean pretty damn close to stock almost too quiet.. This is from inside the truck. All i hear now is that sweet sweet turbo.. i think the 17" would have been perfect.. but im liking the stealth factor. EGT's may have went up 50 or so degrees WOT. boost stayed the same. May spool a little faster. but not really sure. Definitely hear the turbo more.

that is all.

Last edited:

dseitler

Reaction score
Sorry to derail but how do you like the S365 Kit? What is your max boost and does it have lag? Its hard to find reports on the kits after they have been installed.
I run the AFE 5" open and put the Exhaust Damper Assembly from the stock exhaust back on the truck as close as I could to the factory position and it helped a lot with the drone.

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
Np. Its actually interesting. I drive around the city of baltimore all day stop and go going from jobsite to jobsite so its pretty easy to guage changes made to the truck. Anyway when i first got the 365 i did notice a bit of lag of a dead stop or on the hwy luging (3.31s and 35's..) its not bad at all. (I mean lets face anythings going to have more lag over the tiny stock vgt that was on here) this 365 Reminds me of my 7.3 with 38r just less lag,faster , quieter and a whole lot smoother. Whats interesting is this resonator has really helped with spool from a dead stop. I mean just taking off from a light at a dead stop its pretty obvious less lag less smoke. Im really loving it. (Hot tune)

I see 42lb boost
1300* max egt

Best part of the single kit is no more of that annoying wasetgate opening sound. And more power of course.

Last edited:

BK39

Reaction score
I'm glad you started this thread, my 5" exhaust is driving me insane, I was almost to the point of buying a 4" and swapping them out. I've already tried a muffler, didn't satisfy. This Resonator sounds like a good option.

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
Do it man! Im loving it. Its nice being able to drive with both front windows down! The 30" plus a muffler will sound damn close to stock inside the cab. 17" would still have a good sound.

Last edited:

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
The 30" resonator definitely is super quiet. I had one in my old CR cummins when the 5" got annoying. 30" was too quiet for me so I ordered a 17" and sold the truck before I put it in. I think I still have it sitting around if anyone wants it.

BK39

Reaction score
The 30" resonator definitely is super quiet. I had one in my old CR cummins when the 5" got annoying. 30" was too quiet for me so I ordered a 17" and sold the truck before I put it in. I think I still have it sitting around if anyone wants it.

Whatcha want for it, I may try both the 30 and that 17 to see which I like best.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Whatcha want for it, I may try both the 30 and that 17 to see which I like best.

When I get home tonight I'll have to check and make sure it is still upstairs in the garage. Shoot me a pm or a text so I remember. Phone # in my sig.

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
I have a 17" one laying around also that I used before my build...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

BK39

Reaction score
I have a 17" one laying around also that I used before my build...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

When I get home tonight I'll have to check and make sure it is still upstairs in the garage. Shoot me a pm or a text so I remember. Phone # in my sig.

If you guys want to sell, let me know. I've already ordered a 30", but I have use for a 17" as well.

highdrum

Reaction score
I am also running the 30" resonator/muffler combo from Wally @ FTE, sounds like stock exhaust on my truck.

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
Anybody get theirs installed yet?

th_IMG_2408.jpg

CLICK FOR VIDEO ^

Cc2cuz

Reaction score
What about if you stomp on it. Does it still sound much quieter like stock or does it still roar? I have the same mpd kit but a 63 billet

BK39

Reaction score
Anybody get theirs installed yet?

Yep, I put a 30" on mine. It's almost too quiet. But........at the same time, it is nice.

What about if you stomp on it. Does it still sound much quieter like stock or does it still roar?

On mine with Factory turbo, no, it doesn't roar anymore. But not sure about you aftermarket turbo guys.

Latest posts

Members online