Installed FTE resonator

dsmracing1

Reaction score
I just installed my 17 inch resonator and I couldn't be happier. Still have some roar to it but without that annoying drone of the 5 inch. Id say a 30 inch would be too quiet, In my opinion at least..

theplumber

Reaction score
Need FTE 17" Resonator . I am in canada if someone can ship one to me .
Thanks i can send money whit pay pal .
Thanks

Envoyé de mon iPhone

theplumber

Reaction score
Hey guys . I am in canada and i want a FTE resonator and cannot dind a vendor dor shipping here !!! Someone can ship here please lol !!! Need the 30" ss

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Last edited:

java

Reaction score
Got tired of the flopro 5" straight pipe real quick after the MPD s365 single kit. It was obnoxiously loud. So i decided to throw in a 30" FTE resonator right after the pipe goes to 5". well it quieted it down for sure! i mean pretty damn close to stock almost too quiet.. This is from inside the truck. All i hear now is that sweet sweet turbo.. i think the 17" would have been perfect.. but im liking the stealth factor. EGT's may have went up 50 or so degrees WOT. boost stayed the same. May spool a little faster. but not really sure. Definitely hear the turbo more.

that is all.

Do you have a pic of where you installed it? I ordered a 30 inch resonator for my dads 6.7 but i can't find anywhere that it will fit. The only thing i can think of is to replace the muffler with this but i think that is too far back.

BK39

Reaction score
The FTE resonator is the exact same diameter. So it'll go anywhere the pipe is 5". I did mine like he did his, as soon as the pipe went 5", right there. You must have a different brand.

java

Reaction score
I have a 4 inch pipe, but it is not straight all the way through to the muffler.

BK39

Reaction score
I have a 4 inch pipe, but it is not straight all the way through to the muffler.

Weird, my 5" is straight as an arrow right through there.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 82

BK39

Reaction score
No, that back there is my flo-pro muffler.

That first band clamp on the right side of the pic is where the resonator starts, it's 30" long. After the resonator there is another band clamp(chrome shiny clamp) connecting a small 16" or 18" pipe, then the muffler.

Circled the resonator in green.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 91

java

Reaction score
Ok gotcha, I'm on my phone do it's kinda hrs to tell. Thank you

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.