irate T4 install any tricks to the uppipes?

old man dave

Reaction score
the beauty of buying all the tools is that I can change the lines at a whim, Dave.
I need a nicer bender though as I am forming the lines with a cheapo designed for soft fuel lines so I am kind of stuck with the CLR of it until I buy a fancy one.
I was amazed it worked at all and I am certain I will get better with practice.
the stainless line is only $1 a foot and I like the look of it.
if I decide to get all fancy with it I can probably math it out in my BendtechPro bending software but those 2 bends I just eyeballed it.
do you think the oil will flow in crooked lines Dave?

Oil will flow just fine in crooked lines, but as they say, only a poor workman blames his tools. How do you think they did it in the old days? For a guy who tries to cut down others so much, you sure have a lot of excuses.

You ever wonder just why the factory ran hoses instead of hard line for the HPO? Hard line is used in the fuel system by the factory,

Last edited:

m j

Reaction score
reading comprehension is still biting you in the ass Dave.
"I am certain I will get better with practice"

Yes I do ponder why the factory used hoses.
I also ponder why they used O rings everywhere on the engine that are degraded by the very fluid they are to contain where a simple material change could have prevented it.
with an easy and quick experiment I am going to find out why they did those things.

I thought you were a proponent of compression fittings?
I was hoping you were going to show me the compression fittings you used in your HPO lines to replace the inferior factory AN and ORB stuff that cannot be trusted to hold even my 60# of fuel pressure.

old man dave

Reaction score
Who cares if you get better with practice, you threw out all kinds of excuses for not doing good work like not having the right tools or not using software(?). You either do good work or not. You chose to not do so.

I said ferrule lock fittings were used in critical applications. The ferrule is made of steel. Never said a soft seal is good or bad. Never made a reference to ORB fittings either. I said AN flares were not inherently better than ferrulelock fittings as you claimed. All ultra high pressure fittings are either welded or ferrulelock, not any type of flare is used for those applications. More comprehension difficulties on your part.

There is not a single stock AN flared steel tube on a OBS truck engine fuel or oil system.

Stick to what's actually written, not what you imagine what others say. Also quit misquoting people, then maybe others will think you don't have comprehension problems.

I'm using Swagelok/Parker equivalents for tubing and AN- hose. They both have their place.

Last edited:

m j

Reaction score
how many compression fittings are on the OBS fuel or oil systems?
let me know 'cause I will rip that junk off my ride if I find it

how many "ultra high pressure" systems are on the OBS?

are the fittings that were being discussed in the thread, that you took off topic to ultra high pressure systems, suitable for ultra high pressure systems?

are cheapo compression fittings that were being discussed suitable for "repeated disassembly and re-assembly"?

are you honestly claiming a JIC/AN flare connection is not suitable for the fuel system in the OBS?

maybe just consider those rhetorical questions Dave, 'cause I really dont weigh your opinion high enough to care how you answer.

old man dave

Reaction score
You seem to not understand what a ferrulelock fitting is, its a steel ferrule compression fitting not a soft seal fitting.

Maybe you should find out just how much Parker/Swagelok ferrulelock fittings cost before you call them el cheapo. They are the best quality fittings money can buy bar none.

You are the one who claimed AN tubing flares were better than everything else, you are flat wrong. They are in some instances equal but in many cases even in regular pressure systems rated lower than ferrulelock fittings. If this is not true cite your references and not your incorrect assumptions.

Steel ferrulelock fittings can be assembled and disassembled many times more than tubing flares since there is no thinwall flare to distort. If you don't believe me, just call a Parker or Swagelok distributor or industrial rep and demonstrate your ignorance to them.

Nerver said the flare of any type was not suitable, thats a weak attempt on your part to just blow smoke. More comprehension difficulties on your part.

Like I said, stop misquoting what others say and making erroneous assuptions and then maybe you will not be considered to have comprehension difficulties.

Last edited:

m j

Reaction score
Dave,
if you wanna argue about another thread, go do it in the other thread.
no amount of your BS spread across forums and in unrelated posts is going to make me run junk compression fittings on anything I own if there is a truly serviceable option available.

the post you are refering to starts with OP " wondering if anyone has experienced any issues using Summit Racing or Earls compression fittings on the high pressure, supply side"
those are NOT Parker's, they are chinese aluminum fittings.

and ends with "Thanks everyone for your input. I'm sure I would have been fine with a compression fitting, but I decided to go the flared route just for the peace of mind and also I've never done one before; something good to learn."

so take your off topic BS and try and sell it somewhere else cause I aint buying.

sooo close to adding you to the "ignore list" Dave

old man dave

Reaction score
Dave,
if you wanna argue about another thread, go do it in the other thread.
no amount of your BS spread across forums and in unrelated posts is going to make me run junk compression fittings on anything I own if there is a truly serviceable option available.

the post you are refering to starts with OP " wondering if anyone has experienced any issues using Summit Racing or Earls compression fittings on the high pressure, supply side"
those are NOT Parker's, they are chinese aluminum fittings.

and ends with "Thanks everyone for your input. I'm sure I would have been fine with a compression fitting, but I decided to go the flared route just for the peace of mind and also I've never done one before; something good to learn."

so take your off topic BS and try and sell it somewhere else cause I aint buying.

sooo close to adding you to the "ignore list" Dave

I never referred to any AN- fittings, I'm referring to your statement and posts where you said AN flare fittings are better than anything else. You're just trying to weasel out by blowing smoke again. I always made it clear that I was referring to steel ferrrulelock fittings. Just more comprehension difficulties on your part, I guess.

Its obvious that you never did a flare before, it shows.

Last edited:

m j

Reaction score
got the downpipe in

and the first try of fuel lines in the valley.

I think the return line and some wiring cleanup is all that is left in the valley if the plenums seal

m j

Reaction score
a/c was non functioning when I bought the truck last winter. condensor mounting brackets broken etc so I removed it.
the a/c is on the list of things to fix but not very high on it as we dont really get the heat to need it up here for more then a week or two a year.

do you see something I have placed to impede the factory lines that I can address?

jwlandry

Reaction score
mine is close to that intercooler pipe thats all.

20131123_140609_zps2f65d1f2.jpg

you can see here how close it is.... I didnt realize how far north you are.

Latest posts

Members online