Is this bad.

Cobra 19 & 54

Reaction score
are you fuggin with me, or serious. I was told that I would have less issues ( fitment to t-case ) but I thought allison's were great.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
To hell with allison. 48re. All the big kids play with them:D

STROKER

Reaction score
id go 48re dimitri pulled the alli outta his truck and put 48re in it for the dp challenge that says something

Cobra 19 & 54

Reaction score
Well, just got a call from the service manager at the dealership. He stated that Ford OK'd the new long block and it should take them a week to get it received and installed. Another motor,,, that makes 6 in four years. No wonder Ford sued Navistar. These 6.0L motors suck stock. and they won't repair them if you modify them to be reliable. Damned if you "do", damned if you "don't"!!!

Cobra 19 & 54

Reaction score
motor 1) original, head gaskets blew and 3 injectors were bad, ford replaced with a junkyard motor

Motor 2) junkyard motor, lost EGR and headgaskets blew, and 4 cylinders were water washed out (no cross hatch groove), replaced with another junkyard motor (#2)

Motor 3) Junkyard #2 motor, blew headgaskets and lost EGR and hpop bad. Replaced with junkyard motor (#3)

Motor 4 ) Junkyard motor #3, headgaskets were blown before the motor was issued to me, so less than 24 hours after receiving a used motor it was returned for bad HG's,,, the original problem. Replaced with a reman motor.

Motor 5) Reman motor, made it 48K miles and 8 days before the end of my warranty the #7 rod cap fails due to spun bearing (current issue). Reman issued and install currently being done.

Now the best part is that Ford and my aftermarket warranty company have covered all costs. I've been out of pocket only the price of a few rental cars here and there. I will have my truck back next friday and I start another 2 year unlimited mile warranty period. If FORD would just quit replacing this motor with the same crap motors for free, the cummins I've been building for the last two years would be installed already. But they don't and at this point I'm just going to let them waste their time.

Latest posts

Members online