isspro egt problem

onebad7.3

Reaction score
Gauge worked fine yesterday, today if you turn key off with engine off guage reads 300. Any idea whats going on, all connections seem fine. Wiggle wires nothing changes.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
you guys should get ahold of our vendors that sell them and ask what coukd be done. if they cant help. then get ahold of joe(CSIPSD) on here.. he is the isspro nazi....

live life full throttle

onebad7.3

Reaction score
At 300° the thermocouple is producing 3.7-3.8 millivolts.
According to what i have read shouldnt it be closer to 5?
But if it was making around 5 millivolts that would just make it the gauge read higher, and its already reading 300-900 degrees to high

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
But if it was making around 5 millivolts that would just make it the gauge read higher, and its already reading 300-900 degrees to high
thats all gibberish to me.. thats why i said call a vendor or get a hold of joe...

live life full throttle

psduser1

Reaction score

Key off, mine rests at 300 :doh:
that means no power to the gauge.
As long as the gauge drops to zeroish with key on, and rises to 350-450* at idle, it's probably fairly accurate. As in, not 300* off when you're running down the road at 800*.
I'm sure iss pro could give you the exact tolerances, but I'm betting they are tighter than you may expect.

onebad7.3

Reaction score
What version is it?

I wont be on much today but I will tomorrow...

Ev version.
I just replaced the amp box , because the old one you had to kick it to get it to work.
Gauge worked perfect with the new box, for a day.
Now it reads 600 @ idle. Anywhere from 1000-1500 @ 55mph.
But once in a while it will read normal then go right back to reading way high.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Ev version.
I just replaced the amp box , because the old one you had to kick it to get it to work.
Gauge worked perfect with the new box, for a day.
Now it reads 600 @ idle. Anywhere from 1000-1500 @ 55mph.
But once in a while it will read normal then go right back to reading way high.
Check and make sure all the wires are tight on the amp box itself. Then check the probe to make sure its not loose.

If you can't find anything obvious let me know, I'll get ya hooked up one way or the other.

onebad7.3

Reaction score
Check and make sure all the wires are tight on the amp box itself. Then check the probe to make sure its not loose.

If you can't find anything obvious let me know, I'll get ya hooked up one way or the other.

I just went out and checked everything, probe is tight. Connections are clean and tight, it has the bolt style connectors.
I gave each wire in the amp box a little tug, all seem tight.
So nothing obvious that i can see.

fastersteve

Reaction score
It was my understanding when I bought some Isspros that the boxes were paired to specific gauges and senders and you couldn't change components separately.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
You both should have the info you need to move forward. Let me know if you dont get what you need.

Michael

Reaction score
It was my understanding when I bought some Isspros that the boxes were paired to specific gauges and senders and you couldn't change components separately.

The EV series gauges with amp boxes are considered "matched" from the factory, but this is mainly an issue with the electric temperature gauges. These are contract manufactured for us unlike all of the "modern" gauges like EV2 and Performax series which are built here. By matching the sensors and amp boxes the factory is able to use wider tolerance parts, but for replacement parts we insist on tighter tolerances which allow them to be "generic" without matching them. The pyrometer amp boxes are not matched since the sensors (thermocouples) are sold separately.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.