Job 1 Transmission filter and transmission fluid changes

BFT

Reaction score
i just jumped under my truck to scope things out. there is a small clamp holding it just above the oil pan on the block.

there is a small whole which you can get to with a 10mm a swivel and a small extension for those planning on doing it themselves.
i also tried changing the filter and though i was able to use those jiffy clip removers. apparently its thinner and need a specific tool. anyone knoe the part # for the tool or a different meathod?

im not sure if the new lines run to the cooler or if it is just the hard line with a bit of braided hose?

zabeard

Reaction score
wait so you changed it without pulling the engine? i thought Shane said ti had to be pulled.

BFT

Reaction score
from the looks of it, there is enough room to fit the new lines without it being a problem. only issue is a clamp that holds the lines that you can get to farely easy with an extension and a swivel

BFT

Reaction score
you should be able to do it with the trans out.

the part # for the lines that run to the tranny are

8C3Z7R081C... those are for the back half that do not connect to the cooler

9C3Z7RO81D... those are small lines with rubber hose crimped to a hard line. you most likely wont need these but i put up incase someone wanted them

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
you should be able to do it with the trans out.

the part # for the lines that run to the tranny are

8C3Z7R081C... those are for the back half that do not connect to the cooler

9C3Z7RO81D... those are small lines with rubber hose crimped to a hard line. you most likely wont need these but i put up incase someone wanted them

Thanks bud.

mortal798

Reaction score
Here is the response I got from Sunrise Ford on PSN:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortal798
Just to clarify, this is the metal can in front of the trans that the lines thread in to, right?

The quote is for element only. if you don't have metal can housing it lists for70.84 sell 48.30. element is normally replaced

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Here is the response I got from Sunrise Ford on PSN:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortal798
Just to clarify, this is the metal can in front of the trans that the lines thread in to, right?

The quote is for element only. if you don't have metal can housing it lists for70.84 sell 48.30. element is normally replaced

Yeah thats the one that has the filter in a houseing behind the front bumper, the one we were talking about is under the bellhouseing of the trans.

mortal798

Reaction score
Yeah thats the one that has the filter in a houseing behind the front bumper, the one we were talking about is under the bellhouseing of the trans.

Thats the one I'm talking about too... did I not make it clear enough to the Sunrise Ford guy? The external filter can in front of the trans???

I'm glad I didn't order it yet...

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Thats the one I'm talking about too... did I not make it clear enough to the Sunrise Ford guy? The external filter can in front of the trans???

I'm glad I didn't order it yet...

Not very many trucks came with that one it was a short run so they are not as well known of than the others.

mortal798

Reaction score
Got the right filter today from my buddy in the parts department at a dealer. 15% over cost = $92. Much better than $180.

If anybody wants a PDF of the replacement instructions (or any other service manual procedures), PM me your email address. I have access to all that stuff online.