JUST SMOKED MY TRANNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David N

Reaction score
Not to hijack, but I just did the first 4x4 launch on the new setup in my truck. The trans is a built 4r100. But it made a loud bang and super hard shift and attempted to shift into OD. Now it wont shift into overdrive, and the fluid smells burnt. Any ideas?

neverkickn

Reaction score
Not to hijack, but I just did the first 4x4 launch on the new setup in my truck. The trans is a built 4r100. But it made a loud bang and super hard shift and attempted to shift into OD. Now it wont shift into overdrive, and the fluid smells burnt. Any ideas?

Actually that is a complete full on hijackLOL

neverkickn

Reaction score
Was thinking more along the lines of having them diagnose the problem for you.

neverkickn

Reaction score
You do understand that there is more to diagnosis than hooking up a scanner right?

Lethalthreat7.3

Reaction score
Speedometer bouncing around at all? An issue with the vss will cause this issue. Seen it more than a few times. Won't set any code. Hook a pressure gauge up and see what is happening hydraulically and the kind of pressure you have.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
why even consider a zf5? maybe a 6 but still, *** that... built 4r and done. bts is what i would do. hell you work for a ford dealer, why not a hd reman? what all do you have done to the truck mod wise?

edit... just read threw some posts... do what they said.. i had the rear vss do the same dam chit to me.

Last edited:

moose99psd

Reaction score
generally when the VSS goes its blinks OD and you loose ABS... pull your VSS from the rear end and check for metal shavings. mine had some from the LS that collected to the magnet and caused it to read wrong.

20007.3L

Reaction score
generally when the VSS goes its blinks OD and you loose ABS... pull your VSS from the rear end and check for metal shavings. mine had some from the LS that collected to the magnet and caused it to read wrong.

My OD button doesnt work! Replace the switch still dont work!

Edit! The rear end?????/ What does that have to do with the trans?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online