JUST SMOKED MY TRANNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
rear vehicle speed sensor that is on top of the rear axle tells the trans when to shift.. if its dirty or messed up it will wreak havoc on the trans...

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
if that aint it, your trans is fubar, do you know what FUBAR means? or tc is bad or solenoid pack is bad or everything is bad... if its shifting into all the gears and the tc is locking up more then likely its electrical, like vss or solenoids.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
mine was banging on shifts and the tc was locking up... popped the vss out and it had a bunch of chit on it. cleaned it off and put it back in.. fine ever since.

20007.3L

Reaction score
if that aint it, your trans is fubar, do you know what FUBAR means? or tc is bad or solenoid pack is bad or everything is bad... if its shifting into all the gears and the tc is locking up more then likely its electrical, like vss or solenoids.

alright...thanks for all the help. Tomorrow i will check clean and refill the rear end. Replace the VSS and if that doesnt solve it then i will ripp into the valve body!

20007.3L

Reaction score
yup same way. i thought the same thing... might get lucky, might not...

alright 1 more question for you...Trans fluid smells burnt!? Its a light brown, not red. I am picking up a new VSS from work and transfilter and fluid from work tomorrow. any ideas why is burnt or whats causing it?

cw96stroker

Reaction score
Mine went out a couple months back, no forward gears whatsoever lol. Now I have a bts that i bought from a member on here and just need to get it put in when I feel like it. Maybe you will get lucky, but if not I would just drop the coin on a bts and be done with it.

20007.3L

Reaction score
Mine went out a couple months back, no forward gears whatsoever lol. Now I have a bts that i bought from a member on here and just need to get it put in when I feel like it. Maybe you will get lucky, but if not I would just drop the coin on a bts and be done with it.

If you dont mind me asking, how much did you pick a used one up for?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
alright 1 more question for you...Trans fluid smells burnt!? Its a light brown, not red. I am picking up a new VSS from work and transfilter and fluid from work tomorrow. any ideas why is burnt or whats causing it?

how long has it been since the fluid has been changed? how hot has the trans gotten? heat and slippage creates the burnt dirty fluid. dont really need a new vss.. unless it just gave up. but with no codes, either the tech is retarded, or its not electrical and the scanner wont pick it up.. should be some sort of code regardless of what it is...

20007.3L

Reaction score
honostly i have no clue when the trans was servised last! i have my pod and gauges sitting on my kitchen table! Need to install those to see what the trans is running at!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
honostly i have no clue when the trans was servised last! i have my pod and gauges sitting on my kitchen table! Need to install those to see what the trans is running at!

wow, and you wonder why you might have a trans problem? how often did you check the trans fluid at least?

20007.3L

Reaction score
2 weeks ago, and today. level was up.........trans has been doing this since i bought it! and had some free time this weekend, but it just started kicking really hard yesterday and today. It kicked, so i have just been forcing 2nd gear to avoid the kick.

Latest posts

Members online